Enabling locations for stakes but not wards?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
craiggsmith

Enabling locations for stakes but not wards?

Post by craiggsmith »

Is there a way to enable locations so we can reserve them for the stake calendar before making them available for the wards? We haven't had locations enabled due to issues with the previous version of the calendar. We now need to go back in and add them to all the stake events, but I don't want to open them up to wards to reserve until we've done that. I assume this isn't possible and we'll just have to manually deal with issues as we encounter them.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

craiggsmith wrote:Is there a way to enable locations so we can reserve them for the stake calendar before making them available for the wards? We haven't had locations enabled due to issues with the previous version of the calendar. We now need to go back in and add them to all the stake events, but I don't want to open them up to wards to reserve until we've done that. I assume this isn't possible and we'll just have to manually deal with issues as we encounter them.
Actually, this is definitely possible. Just create a continuously repeating reservation (easiest would be a daily event that repeats every 1 day) for that location assigned to the stake unit. Then no wards can schedule that location, but any stake calendar editor (or building scheduler) can create events using that location.

When the stake has had its turn, just delete that reservation, and the remaining times will be available for the wards to schedule.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

Ahh, yes, that would work, thanks!
Craig
South Jordan, UT
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

Unfortunately the schedulers have already created some reservations, and I guess you can't have overlapping reservations, so it won't let me do this. I guess we'll just have to enable the locations and fix things as needed.
Craig
South Jordan, UT

Return to “Calendar”