Version 2.0.5 released!

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Version 2.0.5 released!

Post by jdcr256 »

This afternoon we deployed the 2.0.5 version of the calendar. This is another bug fix release that fixes the following issues:

- A private calendar could send an email reminder to someone no longer a viewer on that calendar
- All-day events not populating the date field when viewing the details
- Copy and paste of all-day reservations could cause faulty conflict notifications
- Admin users couldn't change the status or delete private calendars that had been orphaned (all editors had been removed)
- Fixed Several issues with repeating event patterns
- Stake calendars were invisible in the main view for out-of-unit leaders
- Building schedulers could create multiple events during a reservation, even if the resources conflicted
- Events spanning multiple days (e.g. a New Year's Eve party from 9pm on Dec. 31 to 1am on Jan. 1) would not display correctly in the week view
- Ward and Stake calendars are now listed separately in the calendar list of the main view (ward first, then stake)

Starting with the new year, our time with the calendar will be focused on some new features, so the bug fixes won't be coming so regularly. We'll still be watching for feedback and incorporating any needed bug fixes into the new feature release. Thanks to all the users on the forum for your participation and your continued feedback!
nbflint

Post by nbflint »

The calendar is now displayed in a foreign language for me even though I have reselected English. The Admin area is in English, but not the calendar itself.

jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

nbflint wrote:The calendar is now displayed in a foreign language for me even though I have reselected English. The Admin area is in English, but not the calendar itself.

Does anyone else see this issue? Try clearing your cookies and see if it persists.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

No problems here.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kjens

Getting Portugese instead of English when logging in and browsing Calendar

Post by kjens »

I logged in my regular way and got a foreign language for all of the Calendar lists, instructions, etc. Only the Events and the Calendar names and Location names are in English.
mprusse

Post by mprusse »

I'm still getting a problem with repeating events. Can others see if this occurs for them? Set up a repeating all day event for every Saturday and Monday in December 2012. When I do this, the event will not populate on Saturday, Dec. 1. If I remove the Monday from the repeat then it works fine. I've tried all sorts of different combinations to get the Monday and Saturday event to repeat but every time it fails to show up on the Saturday, Dec. 1.

Scratching my head.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mprusse wrote:I'm still getting a problem with repeating events. Can others see if this occurs for them? Set up a repeating all day event for every Saturday and Monday in December 2012. When I do this, the event will not populate on Saturday, Dec. 1. If I remove the Monday from the repeat then it works fine. I've tried all sorts of different combinations to get the Monday and Saturday event to repeat but every time it fails to show up on the Saturday, Dec. 1.
I can duplicate this as well. My theory is that the repeating days in a weekly repeating event are processed in order. Monday comes before Saturday. So the system looks first for a Monday in the specified date range (in this case, December 1 to December 31). The first matching Monday is December 3, so it adjusts the beginning date to be December 3. I certainly don't think this behavior is correct -- the system should search for the first occurrence of any of the specified days of the week -- but in my testing this seems to describe the behavior I'm seeing.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”