Event in stake calendar showing where it was not scheduled for

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
luisbeal

Event in stake calendar showing where it was not scheduled for

Post by luisbeal »

We have two new year's eve events on the stake calendar that start at 9pm on the 31st and end at 12am and 1 am on Jan 1. No problems creating these events. The problem is that they show on the calendar on Dec 31 and on Jan 7. I tried deleting one of the events and recreating it and it stills shows up on Jan 7. I am attaching pictures. What can we do to fix this? Sorry I couldn't get the pictures in order but the dates are showing.
Thanks,
Capture decweek.jpg
Capture decweek.jpg (11.5 KiB) Viewed 756 times
Capturejanweek.jpg
Capturejanweek.jpg (10.59 KiB) Viewed 754 times
Capturejaneventdetails.jpg
Capturejaneventdetails.jpg (12.3 KiB) Viewed 755 times
Capturedeceventdetail.jpg
Capturedeceventdetail.jpg (13.13 KiB) Viewed 753 times
luisbeal

Post by luisbeal »

I forgot to mention this only happens in the week view not the month view.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Sounds like a bug.

For now, I think you have 3 choices:
  • Ignore it
  • Change the ending time of the event in the calendar and let everyone know it goes longer.
  • Wait until after the event, and then edit the calendar. That way everyone sees the correct times, but the calendar display is cleaned up before Jan 7.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

This is logged. I won't promise anything, but I'm going to try to squeeze in a fix this week...
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jdcr256 wrote:I won't promise anything, but I'm going to try to squeeze in a fix this week...
This was fixed today, as noted in the thread Version 2.0.5 released!

Under-promise, and over-deliver -- I like that!
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:Under-promise, and over-deliver -- I like that!

The only way to go. And I've been on both sides.

Good work.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
luisbeal

Post by luisbeal »

Thanks for fixing the bug. Unfortunately I was contacted by the YW secretary who told me all the youth dances she has edited show up on the next week's calendar (week view only). These events end at 11pm so now instead of 4 yearly dances at our stake center the calendar shows 8. Also, one of these dances at our stake center, that pops up on the wrong week, has completly overidden a dance at a different location in another stake (unbooked event we added as our kids got to different stake dances).

I went into the calendar and changed her settings. Since the dance ends at 11pm she added 60 min. clean up time, I changed that to 45 min and it no longer shows up on the next week's calendar (and the other stake's dance shows up as it should).

The problem is obviously on that 12am mark.

Hopefully this can be fixed soon again :) thanks for all the help!!!

Return to “Calendar”