Minor UI tweak request (Create Calendar)

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Minor UI tweak request (Create Calendar)

Post by russellhltn »

One thing about the new calendar that's been annoying me:

When creating a new calendar, shouldn't the positions of "Who can see this calendar" and "This calendar is for" be reversed? Most people (or at least myself) fill out forms from the top down. It doesn't make sense to set "Who can see" when you haven't even selected if this is a ward or stake calendar.

If found it a problem in training.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tomjoht

Post by tomjoht »

I'll pass this on to the calendar team for consideration in an upcoming release. Any other suggestions for improving the calendar?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Another UI issue I have encountered when training is in New Event or Edit Event. Moving the "Schedule entire location" after the "Rooms and equipment at this location" listbox demotes the "Schedule entire location" importance and the temptation to use that option when multiple rooms should be selected. The "Schedule entire location" option should be infrequently used for meetinghouses, in my experience.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I see with the 2.0.5 release, it's now showing "Entire Unit" instead of naming the unit. Less confusing then what it was, (in that it allows a top-down process) but possibility confusing for people who might not be clear on what a "unit" is. I'm guessing it was the quickest fix without risking breaking something.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

RussellHltn wrote:I see with the 2.0.5 release, it's now showing "Entire Unit" instead of naming the unit. Less confusing then what it was, (in that it allows a top-down process) but possibility confusing for people who might not be clear on what a "unit" is. I'm guessing it was the quickest fix without risking breaking something.
This hasn't changed in this release. If you select the ward radio button, this will read "Entire Ward", and if you select the stake radio button, it will read "Entire Unit". It should read "Entire Stake", but there is a small bug that has never been addressed to switch dynamically from "Entire Stake" to "Entire District", so we've just left it as "Unit" until that bug makes it up the priority list.

I do agree that the two sections should probably swap locations, but again, that will have to make its way up the priority list. At least it's easy to slip in somewhere...
tomjoht

Post by tomjoht »

I added this to the bug/issue tracking tool for consideration by the calendar team. I agree with the suggestion. Thanks,

Tom

Return to “Calendar”