Share ideas for scheduling weddings, etc.

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
bwoodcox

Share ideas for scheduling weddings, etc.

Post by bwoodcox »

I would be interested in receiving ideas/advice on how to handle scheduling for weddings, family gatherings and other personal events that are not necessarily connected to a ward -- any personal use, for that matter -- and events that are requested by ward that don't always use the stake center.

I have been the Stake Center building scheduler for a number of years and am trying to move over to the new tools. I am struggling to wrap my mind around how to schedule events that aren't entered on a stake or ward calendar. Additionally, I am unsure of how to handle events such as convert baptisms that won't be entered on any ward calendar. My old fashioned way of doing things was to have a calendar on which I entered everything that was happening at the stake center -- a conglomeration of things from the seven wards in our stake, periodic mission conferences, baptisms, family events . . . . and so on.

I am having a hard time seeing how the new calendar accommodates this type of scheduling. It seems great for everyday ward and stake uses, but not very efficient for out of the ordinary events. I like seeing everything in one place and going back and forth between the stake calendar, my ward calendar, and the reservations calendar feels very inefficient and time consuming -- plus I can see the potential for missing things.

Additionally, I don't like that I can only see my ward and the stake. It would be very helpful to be able to see the calendars from the other ward in the building who will be scheduling events and activities.

Does anyone out there have some ideas for making the new tools seem more friendly to building schedulers?

Would it be a good idea to create a private calendar for the building scheduler with all of the scheduled events for the stake center in one place?

Thanks for any ideas you can offer!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bwoodcox wrote:Would it be a good idea to create a private calendar for the building scheduler with all of the scheduled events for the stake center in one place?

A private calendar for the Building Scheduler's used for private events is a good idea. But it wouldn't be for ALL events. That would create a bigger problem then what you're trying to solve.

I'd suggest reading the other threads in this second on suggested methods.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bwoodcox

Post by bwoodcox »

I'd suggest reading the other threads in this second on suggested methods.[/QUOTE]

Can you clarify what threads you are referring to? I have been wading through all the discussion threads -- time consuming process, so if you could direct me, that would be appreciated.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If you haven't already, I'd suggest reading the Help File. It goes into an explanation of how it works.

I think this thread is the one that I remember going into the most detail about the role of the Building Scheduler and the new "distributed" model for scheduling. this one is another. They've both gotten buried by the rapid churn in this section.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”