Adding calendar editor produces error...

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
dshep2020

Adding calendar editor produces error...

Post by dshep2020 »

I am trying to help out one of our units with an odd error that I cannot reproduce.

They have a YW calendar and would like to add a member by name with View/Edit permissions. When they add the member, they receive the following prompt.

The are prompted to correct the highlighted area, but nothing is highlighted! I suggested checking to make sure they are an administrator, using a different browser, adding an editor by calling or trying to add the same member by name on a different calendar.

Any other ideas or suggestions? Or is this some odd bug related to just this calendar?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm guessing there's a problem with the existing calendar that you can't see. You might try adding someone else to see if same problem happens. If so, it' s the calendar, not the person.

You might want to verify that all the editors and viewers are correct. Nothing has changed in the titles. (Perhaps wipe them all out and re-enter them). Also, I might try eliminating the apostrophe from "women's" just to see if that's what's giving it problems.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

RussellHltn wrote:Also, I might try eliminating the apostrophe from "women's" just to see if that's what's giving it problems.
In the description? Hmmm...would have never thought of that. I will have them try those suggestions to see if that might resolve it.
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

So it turns out it was browser specific. I had the member try from a different computer/browser and they were able to add the member by name. Trying to get details about what OS/browser didn't work and what did ultimately work. At least they are up and going!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I can't remember the details, but I seem to remember problems where an "error" flag was set and once set there was just no way you were going to get it to work. The flag never reset. The only solution was to start over, perhaps with a new session.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

Makes sense why moving to a different computer would resolve the issue.

Return to “Calendar”