Stake Executive Secretary

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
GeorgeWinn

Stake Executive Secretary

Post by GeorgeWinn »

On numerous occasions I have entered items in the LDS.org calendar for my stake. Most of the time the item I entered shows up just fine, but sometimes it does not show up at all, even after multiple attempts. I think it's gremlin of some sort. Has anyone else had the same problem? What's the fix?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Is there a pattern to the ones that does not show up? I know there's a problem with weekly reservations.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

The issue RussellHltn is referring to is Reservations Not Saved. But since you are talking about events, instead of reservations, I doubt that it is the same problem.

I save events all the time, and have had no problems with them not being saved.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

How many calendars are you adding events to? Just one? If multiple calendars, does it only happen on a specific calendar?

My thinking is that you may not be an editor on every stake calendars.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

crislapi wrote:My thinking is that you may not be an editor on every stake calendars.

A stake executive secretary is a default calendar administrator, and thus would automatically be an editor for all public stake calendars.

But that does raise the question -- are the calendars you are adding events to all public calendars, or are some of them private calendars? Does that seem to make a difference?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
GeorgeWinn

Post by GeorgeWinn »

The most recent event was yesterday: I entered Stake PEC meeting on the 2nd Sunday of each month, and that worked fine. Then I entered the same meeting for the 4th Sunday of each month and it never showed up in the calendar - even after getting the pop-up that says I have successfully created the event.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

GeorgeWinn wrote:The most recent event was yesterday: I entered Stake PEC meeting on the 2nd Sunday of each month, and that worked fine. Then I entered the same meeting for the 4th Sunday of each month and it never showed up in the calendar - even after getting the pop-up that says I have successfully created the event.
And do you have an answer for my question about whether the calendar is public or private?

Also, another thought -- is there any chance you accidentally created the event on a calendar that you are not currently showing (that might be because you are not subscribed to that calendar, or because you have unchecked the box by that calendar in the Subscribed Calendars list on the main calendar view).
GeorgeWinn

Post by GeorgeWinn »

The calendars are both public and private.

Return to “Calendar”