Church History Gems - Funny Footer

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
segbert

Church History Gems - Funny Footer

Post by segbert »

My wife just brought me a Church History Gems, and she noted something funny in the Subscription footer where you can subscribe, unsubscribe, or change your subscription. It says the following:

"If you do not have Internet access, send an e-mail to listserv@ . . . "

She and I are both wondering how one would send an e-mail if you don't have Internet access.:confused:
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

BBlocker wrote:She and I are both wondering how one would send an e-mail if you don't have Internet access.:confused:
They are probably referring to people who don't have web browser access. If you have no access at all, including email access, then there's nothing to subscribe to.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

BBlocker wrote:"If you do not have Internet access, send an e-mail to listserv@ . . . "
That is pretty funny.

Tom
mzundel

Internet Access/Email Access

Post by mzundel »

There were some services offered by companies that broke out Internet Access (what they termed for using a web browser) and Email Access. One that comes to mind first offered Internet Access and Email Access for free. When I believe it was discovered that ads could not support this model, they started charging ~$10 for Internet Access but Email Access was still FREE.

With this in mind, the footer makes sense.

Return to “General Discussions”