Ward Organizations Feature Accessibility Question

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
AileneRHerrick

Ward Organizations Feature Accessibility Question

Post by AileneRHerrick »

I noticed a new ward organizations feature that allows people to email a certain group of people in an organization (for example, someone can email everyone in the Relief Society). My question is, can ANYONE use this feature to email everyone? Or is it only available to those with administrator privileges? What about people in presidencies, such as the Relief Society Presidency? Or the Deacons Quorum Presidency? Would members of the presidency be able to use this feature to contact members of their auxiliary, quorum, or group? I want to clarify this before I start "advertising" this feature to the members. Thank you!
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

This is available to all users. Keep in mind that this is simply a mailto: link that includes all the email addresses in the list. Members will still need their own email client and the messages will be sent from their own email account, not from the church's email servers.

Basically it is just convenient access to all the email addresses that you already have access to through the list.
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

Perfect. This is what I needed to know. Thank you!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdcr256 wrote:Basically it is just convenient access to all the email addresses that you already have access to through the list.

Assuming you have a email client installed on your computer. I don't think it works if your email is a web service like gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc. and you don't use a local client like Outlook or Outlook Express.

I think there's tricks to dealing with that, but they're not common.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:Assuming you have a email client installed on your computer. I don't think it works if your email is a web service like gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc. and you don't use a local client like Outlook or Outlook Express.

I think there's tricks to dealing with that, but they're not common.
I don't know about all the services you listed, but with gmail, the mailto links work just fine, as long as you have installed the Gmail Notifier.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:I don't know about all the services you listed, but with gmail, the mailto links work just fine, as long as you have installed the Gmail Notifier.

Good to know. And it works for members of this forum, but I'm not sure as I want to tell all the ward members that - not unless I want to start doing free tech support for all the members. :)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”