New Convert, New to the area, Needing IT Work

Interested in working for the Church? Ask questions and discuss opportunities with recruiters here.
CJohnson-p40

New Convert, New to the area, Needing IT Work

Post by CJohnson-p40 »

Hi All,

I've recently moved here with my wife (already LDS) to be closer to her family as her and I are starting a family of our own. After a long period of recent missionary discussions, I went ahead and and agreed to be baptized - a few days after this I was fired from my current employer without reason (although, discrimination is likely and I'm currently filing a complaint with the state board of labor, I believe that's the correct name - at the advice of a recommended attorney.

I've taken this personally as I sign that my IT talents and efforts are needed elsewhere and perhaps closer to the church. Some of you may already know me as Chad Johnson, son-in-law of Peter Groesbeck. If not, it's nice to meet you. I've had IT experience with quite a few things and consider myself a 'jack of all trades' when it comes to IT jobs. I've got some experience in most fields and can easily pick up something new.

How would I go about finding a job with the church? - Is there somewhere I could sent my resume?

Thank you,

Chad Johnson
HintonBR

Post by HintonBR »

Chad,

You've come to the right place to look for finding a job with the Church - I would start at http://www.lds.org/emp - that will list the available positions and you can submit a resume through there.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

Yes, check out the above link. Also we have Church employee recruiters on this site to assist in answering questions, and trying to find out if there is a job at the Church that fits your skills.

Tom
CJohnson-p40

Post by CJohnson-p40 »

Since I'm a new convert, I'm not yet 'temple worthy' - which I'm assuming is allowed access to the temple (no one has actually defined that yet) - Do all the ICS jobs require temple access?

Thanks,
The_Earl

Temple Worthy

Post by The_Earl »

CJohnson wrote:Since I'm a new convert, I'm not yet 'temple worthy' - which I'm assuming is allowed access to the temple (no one has actually defined that yet) - Do all the ICS jobs require temple access?

Thanks,
Generally, my understanding of 'temple worthy' is that you are a member in good standing, and that you would pass the worthiness interview for a temple recommend. My understanding is that you can consider yourself 'temple worthy' if you are simply waiting for your one year of membership to expire. You might check with your bishop if you want to know what the worthiness questions are.

Thanks
The Earl
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

CJohnson wrote:Since I'm a new convert, I'm not yet 'temple worthy' - which I'm assuming is allowed access to the temple (no one has actually defined that yet) - Do all the ICS jobs require temple access?

Thanks,
Most jobs do not require temple access but require that you are worthy to hold a temple recommend. If you do not qualify for a temple recommend because you have not been a member of the Church long enough, you still may qualify for Church employment if you are living your life in such a way that you would be worthy of a temple recommend should you be eligible.

Hope that clarifies things for you.

Tom

Return to “Technical Recruiting”