non-agent stake bldg scheduler can't see own ward in Available Locations

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
davidltuck

non-agent stake bldg scheduler can't see own ward in Available Locations

Post by davidltuck »

Our building is used by 2 different stakes. The non-agent stake's building scheduler cannot see the building in the Available Locations of the week view of the reservation calendar, nor in the week or month view of the main calendar. The scheduled events in the ward calendar show with a bolded dash instead of the colored house.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

davidltuck wrote:Our building is used by 2 different stakes. The non-agent stake's building scheduler cannot see the building in the Available Locations of the week view of the reservation calendar, nor in the week or month view of the main calendar.

A building scheduler for a particular buildng must be a resident of the stake which is the agent stake for the building. So I don't see how it makes sense to refer to the "non-agent stake's building scheduler." As far as that building is concerned, he's no different from any other member of that stake. He has no building scheduler role whatsoever for the building that belongs to another stake, even if a unit in his stake uses that building.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I think the problems is as I described in this post.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
rootbeericecream

Post by rootbeericecream »

I am a member of the "non-agent" stake mentioned in this thread. The problem is actually different than what is described. It does not relate to building schedulers , but for non-agent stake members.

Agent stake members (regardless of their lack of editor/admin priveledges) can see building usage in calendar week-view, by selecting the appropriate "available locations", and deselecting the "subscribed calendars".

But non-agent stake members have no such privilege, because out-of-stake buildings which they CAN reserve, do not show up on the "available" locations list in calendar week or month view. That is the problem.

How can non-agent stake members who have a right to schedule the building -- how can they see the building schedule, like they can for buildings in their own stake? Why is "Available Locations" in the month/week view NOT showing locations (owned by neighbor stake) which people do have the ability to schedule?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rootbeericecream wrote:But non-agent stake members have no such privilege, because out-of-stake buildings which they CAN reserve, do not show up on the "available" locations list in calendar week or month view. That is the problem.

I'd suggest talking with the agent stake building scheduler to make sure that your ward/stake has been added as a unit to that location.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:I'd suggest talking with the agent stake building scheduler to make sure that your ward/stake has been added as a unit to that location.
A building scheduler can't add units to locations -- only a stake admin can do that, so that's the right contact. And the fact that the non-agent stake can schedule events in that location shows that the non-agent stake has been added to that location already.

I think it's likely that the inability for members of the non-agent stake to see the location in the Available Locations list is the result of a bug -- an oversight in building that list.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
rootbeericecream

Post by rootbeericecream »

The building was added by the stake admin of the agent-stake -- evident by the fact that non-agent stake/wards can schedule events with that location. We just can't see it in "Available Locations" list.

I agree with aebrown that it is a bug in building the list.

Return to “Calendar”