Correcting the name on a Patriarchal Blessing

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
cubscout01

Correcting the name on a Patriarchal Blessing

Post by cubscout01 »

Hello Everyone,

I just received a request to have the Fathers name on a Patriarchal Blessing corrected. The membership records are correct. It is the fathers middle name that is missed spelled.

Thank you very much for your help,

Robbie
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

rdycvt wrote:I just received a request to have the Fathers name on a Patriarchal Blessing corrected. The membership records are correct. It is the fathers middle name that is missed spelled.

The Church History Library is the official archive for patriarchal blessings. I'd recommend that you start with the Patriarch Blessings page. Although that page is focused on requesting copies of blessings, I would think that you can use the contact information there, or the Ask a Librarian feature, to submit your question about how to make that correction.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

rdycvt wrote:I just received a request to have the Fathers name on a Patriarchal Blessing corrected.

If the blessing was given recently (within the last year), you may wish to ask the patriarch if he would be able to make the correction. My guess is that it was not, and that the name was entered incorrectly on the patriarchal blessing recommend.

Return to “Membership Help”