Missing Calendar and events

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
wkadams

Missing Calendar and events

Post by wkadams »

We created a stake calendar to list special events such as receptions and other things. This calendar has gone missing. I can still see some of the events on locations but they don't show on the calendar. Some of our events on other stake calendars also went missing. Any suggestions on how we might recover.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

First, view the resource by switching to week view and checking off just the location in question. See if the event still exists.

If it does, I think you should be able to pull it up and see what calendar it's on. It's quite easy (too easy) to move an event to a different calender. I haven't tried it, but I suspect it may happen when a calender editor who doesn't have rights to the calendar the event is one pulls up the details and "saves" it. There was a bug along that line, but I think it's been fixed. But it still might be too easy to do.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
wkadams

Post by wkadams »

Thanks for the reply. I have already tried all the things that you mention. I can see the event and see that it on the special events calendar. I just can't see the special events calendar. So while I see the event on the locations calendar, I can't see the event on the event calendar. This is what I meant by the missing calendar. I am checking to see if by some chance, our Stake special event calendar got assigned as a Ward calendar. Not sure how that would have happened.

As for missing events, I can't see them anywhere. The person that scheduled them can't remember which calendar they were on and they were scheduled without a location (they were assignments at the storehouse) so they don't show up on any of the location calendars. We have a printed copy of the event calendar from some time back which shows the events. Today, they are not showing any where.

Any other ideas.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

wkadams wrote:I can see the event and see that it on the special events calendar. I just can't see the special events calendar.

Someone may have made the calendar "private". Unless you're added as a viewer, you won't see it. Even if you're a default admin.

The other possibility is that the calendar in question is a ward calendar that's not your ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”