Multiple building schedulers

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
wkadams

Multiple building schedulers

Post by wkadams »

In some cases we have multiple building schedulers for a given building. One problem with this is that when someone schedules an event with a conflict it seems arbitary who shows up as the building scheduler to contact. Is there any way to control which building scheduler is listed when there is a conflict.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

There is no way to designate this. I can put an enhancement for this on our product backlog (the ability to designate one building scheduler as primary), but its priority will put it below several other items already in our queue.

I'd recommend considering whether the new distributed scheduling paradigm would allow you to cut back to one building scheduler per building (or less). Might not work for your stake, but it would fix this problem.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I think the only thing a Building Scheduler can do that a Default Admin can't is set up Reservations?

At any rate, a Default Admin can always add or remove themselves as a Building Scheduler as needed. So if the "secondary" is a Default Admin, then you could go to a single Scheduler and still have them at the ready as needed.

By in large, I think a Default Admin has most of the rights they need for day-to-day work.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
wkadams

Post by wkadams »

Thanks for the reply. We might try going to one scheduler per building. We got to multiple schedulers when it was suggested in the instructions that adminstrators may want make themselves schedulers in order to see the events.

Return to “Calendar”