Suggestions for increasing lds.org registrations

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
caj36

Suggestions for increasing lds.org registrations

Post by caj36 »

I am a stake clerk. My Stake President would like to see an increased use of lds.org by members. I'm wondering if anyone has success stories of how they have increased lds.org registrations in their units? I see fromthis thread that tracking who is registered and who is not registered isn't possible, so I'm also wondering if anyone has suggestions of how to track progress and measure success in such an effort. Any tips or discussion on these points would be helpful.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Tracking participation is difficult. But wards throughout my stake have made a concerted effort at tithing settlement time to help people register right on the spot. A clerk or executive secretary has a laptop set up at a little table and has a list of membership record numbers for ward members so that each person can register in just a couple of minutes.

Of course, they have to be able to check their mail through a web interface or mobile device in order to complete the registration, but many can do that right then, and for those who can't, they are just one step away from completing the registration as soon as they get home and check their email.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
caj36

Post by caj36 »

The idea of dovetailing it with Tithing Settlement is a great idea, though I'm a bit late for that this year. I anticipate that the best way to implement it will be to have computers available to have people sign up on the spot. Anyone else have ideas?
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

caj36 wrote:Anyone else have ideas?
With the blessing of the Stake President, you can make a presentation during a 5th Sunday joint Relief Society / Priesthood meeting.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Mikerowaved wrote:With the blessing of the Stake President, you can make a presentation during a 5th Sunday joint Relief Society / Priesthood meeting.

January 2012 has 5 Sundays.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

This has been an ongoing discussion in my stake now for about 3 years... we've asked that TS be the time this is updated, but still we have nothing more than a household, number.... they are not putting in individual phone number, nor are they putting in email addresses. How many 5th Sunday's have I sat through asking that people use the online tools.... there is still something that we're not getting as a church, I think. Why don't people want their information in the directory?

The result is a RS list, and EQ list, a HP list, a Bishopric list, etc... everyone has all the numbers except the Clerk and MLS... it drives me crazy....
caj36

Post by caj36 »

Is there a list of services which are available with a lds.org login? I know you can access the directory, calendar. You also need one to order through lds catalog. You obviously need one to post on these forums, though I question whether the general membership would see that as a selling point (no offense to the forum membership). What else? Is there a complete list somewhere? I'm trying to think of the "features" which I can use to sell this.
KenRichins

Post by KenRichins »

FamilySearch.org uses LDSAccount as does new.FamilySearch.org. By the end of 2012 ALL Church sites will use and require an LDSAccount for access. Also, access to Internet in meetinghouses will use LDSAccount to authorize access. I have NOT found any one list that shows ALL sites that use LDSAccount for authorization. To do a Mission Application also take an LDSAccount. As does Personal Progress and Duty to God for the youth.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

caj36 wrote:Is there a list of services which are available with a lds.org login?

Take a look at Church Websites.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

This one is pretty good also

Return to “Main Church Website”