Printing options

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
ngaruwera

Printing options

Post by ngaruwera »

Is there a way to print off a calendar where you pick and choose what appears? i.e printing YM calendar but it comes up with Worlwide/Stake events that I don't need or want. It clutters up my calendar with unrelated events etc....:mad:

If there was a way where you could add and edit Worldwide/Stake events that you wanted to your calendar without having to type them up yourself.

Sorry if this sounds dumb, but trying to get my head around it all, as no-one else in the Ward chooses to use it.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ngaruwera wrote:Is there a way to print off a calendar where you pick and choose what appears? i.e printing YM calendar but it comes up with Worlwide/Stake events that I don't need or want.

When you print the calendar, it will print only the calendars that you have subscribed to and have chosen to display (using the checkboxes on the left side under the heading "Subscribed Calendars"). So if you don't want stake events, uncheck the box(es) by the stake calendar(s), and then events from those calendars won't show up on the main calendar display -- and they also won't be included when you print the calendar.

[Moderator note: I moved this thread from the Ideas & Suggestions forum to the Calendar forum.]
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
ngaruwera

Post by ngaruwera »

Yeah, I figured that bit out, but at the moment it seems it's an all or nothing function. It doesn't allow me to display events that only would relate to my YM program as opposed to everything. At the moment, I'm having to create the events in my own calendar instead of being able to copy or drag and drop what I want there.

PS thanks for the quick reply
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ngaruwera wrote:Yeah, I figured that bit out, but at the moment it seems it's an all or nothing function. It doesn't allow me to display events that only would relate to my YM program as opposed to everything. At the moment, I'm having to create the events in my own calendar instead of being able to copy or drag and drop what I want there.

It is indeed "all or nothing" on a per-calendar basis. You can't choose which individual events to print; you can only turn an entire calendar on or off.

If those in your ward or stake who have defined the calendars have chosen to have very few calendars, you may have a situation where you can't get just the events you want. For an extreme example, a ward could have a single "Ward Events" calendar, and you would take it all or not at all. Even if they break out youth events into a Youth Events calendar, you will still see the YW events included, which may not be your preference. In any case, you can have a multitude of calendars with fine granularity, but an unwieldy number of events, if you go too far the other direction. There are various discussions of this topic on the forum; one example is in this post.

You can always talk to your ward and stake calendar administrators to let them know of your concern. They may be willing to create more calendars to give members more flexibility, but they may have chosen to simplify administration by having fewer calendars. But it can't hurt to ask.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”