Members not attached to unit

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
sasquatchwen

Members not attached to unit

Post by sasquatchwen »

I had a member come up to me the other day and say they cannot open things online (i.e. Calendar, Directory, Mormon.org profile, etc.). They called global services and were told that they are not attached to a unit. How is this possible even though I have them on my wards records? Is there something I need to do to fix this? If so, what is it?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

sasquatchwen wrote:They called global services ...
General membership should not be calling the global service center. I am surprised they were able to talk to anyone since the GSC support personnel have been instructed to deal only with specific leaders based on the issue. If there is indeed a problem with individual records the ward clerk should be calling LUS.

It is possible that a membership refresh may be needed. But that would be directed by someone at LUS based on their analysis of the issue.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

My first question is: are they even attached to a membership record, or does the system consider their LDS Account to be a "non member"?

You might also want to verify what they have for a membership number is what you have. Not likely, but it's possible they have a duplicate record.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

MerrillDL

LDS Account

Post by MerrillDL »

sasquatchwen wrote:I had a member come up to me the other day and say they cannot open things online (i.e. Calendar, Directory, Mormon.org profile, etc.). They called global services and were told that they are not attached to a unit. How is this possible even though I have them on my wards records? Is there something I need to do to fix this? If so, what is it?

The problem is the result of your Membership Record Number not being linked with your LDS Account. Go to ldsaccount.lds.org and sign in. Click on the link "Change Membership Status".

This will put you back on the map with your ward. (so to speak).
MerrillDL

Post by MerrillDL »

RussellHltn wrote:My first question is: are they even attached to a membership record, or does the system consider their LDS Account to be a "non member"?

You might also want to verify what they have for a membership number is what you have. Not likely, but it's possible they have a duplicate record.
You do not need to be a member of the church to register an LDS Account. Many people do it to use family search. Once you link your LDS Account with your MRN, you are now linked with your Unit and calling (if you have one) in MLS. Leaders have additional resources on LDS.ORG after signing in with their LDS Account.

Return to “Membership Help”