Calendar Issues

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
tomcondie

Calendar Issues

Post by tomcondie »

On the stake calendar I have times defined that look good on the calendar but when I print the calendar the time is adjusted to an hour later. This is happening in March and November. Is this a problem tied to day light savings??
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

tomcondie wrote:On the stake calendar I have times defined that look good on the calendar but when I print the calendar the time is adjusted to an hour later. This is happening in March and November. Is this a problem tied to day light savings??
It's almost certainly tied to Daylight Saving Time. Beginning in 2007, the United States changed DST to start earlier (now the 2nd Sunday in March) and end later (now the 1st Sunday in November). Prior to that change, it was the 1st Sunday in April and the last Sunday in October. So if you are using a computer that still uses the old dates, its DST calculations will be off by an hour for the latter part of March and the first week of November.

You can see if that is the issue by looking at the calendar yourself on a different computer, or asking someone you know in your stake to look at it on a different computer. My guess is that events on those dates will look just fine on another computer.

If this is indeed the problem, you need to update your computer. If you have been applying automatic operating system updates, you should not have the problem, but if not, you can see instructions for Microsoft Windows computers here.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”