Getting the scriptures on blackberry

Discussions around the BlackBerry version of the Gospel Library application.
Seattlesteve-p40

Getting the scriptures on blackberry

Post by Seattlesteve-p40 »

So, I have the mobi software loaded on my blackberry. I went to the site metioned to download the scriptures. That is a zip file which I can unzip on my laptop, but how to I get this unzipped file containing the scriptures into my blackberry?
Seattlesteve-p40

How

So, I have the mobi software loaded on my blackberry. I went to the site metioned to download the scriptures. That is a zip file which I can unzip on my laptop, but how to I get this unzipped file containing the scriptures into my blackberry?
opee

Post by opee »

Use your BB Desktop Manager that should have come on a CD with the phone. That should be one way to load it.
opee

Post by opee »

Seattlesteve wrote: but how to I get this unzipped file containing the scriptures into my blackberry?

Use your BB Desktop Manager that should have come on a CD with the phone. That should be one way to load it.
Seattlesteve-p40

But the Desk Top Manager only allows you to load applications, I can't find a way to load a pdb file. How do I do that, or am I missing something?
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

It should have the option to browse the directory or something (I do not have a Blackberry but I am taking from my experience with other PDAs/phone) it might even have a smart card that you can copy the files onto.
- David
Seattlesteve-p40

Can't find a function to do that, I am stuck and need some help. I know there have been people that have mentioned having a BB with scriptures on it, but I cannot figure out how to get them on myself. If someone could give me the steps, I would greatly appreciate it:eek::confused:
rmmoore89-p40

Post by rmmoore89-p40 »

After going thru the same problems you are facing, I gave up and just access the scriptures via scriptures.lds.org. It's a little slower I'm sure, but at least it works! :)
jeffvand

Post by jeffvand »

Yeah, I have worked on dozens of solutions for getting the scriptures on my blackberry as well... in the end I just created a browser link on my desktop using Shortcut hub (http://m.jonathanhfisher.co.uk/webshortcuts/). Works pretty well, but I have Cingular... not the quickest, but better than nothing. Cheers!
WirthlinPD

LDSLibrary.com

Post by WirthlinPD »

I have been using my blackberry and going to www.ldslibrary.com to look at the scriptures via the Internet (not loading anything onto my blackberry). Anything you can get on lds.org is free.

Return to “BlackBerry Gospel Library”