Mission access to stake/district calenders

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
gxwheel

Mission access to stake/district calenders

Post by gxwheel »

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Apologies if question is already covered elsewhere. I did look for existing posts, bot those related to "out of unit callings", did not seem to match the question I have.

The mission has asked all stakes to provide them with access to up to date calender information (on a regular basis). Sending PDFs of our stake calender on a regular basis seems to be the only option I can see with the new calender.

Is there another option that I am missing? :confused:

Cheers,
Gardner
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You could send them a iCal file by temporary subscribing to all the stake calendars, and then pasting the sync URL into a browser and saving the resulting file.

But as far as I know, there's no way to give the Mission access for "self-service".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
gxwheel

Post by gxwheel »

The iCal idea is a good one.

Any plans for a more integrated solution for missions, areas, etc.?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

gxwheel wrote:The mission has asked all stakes to provide them with access to up to date calender information (on a regular basis). Sending PDFs of our stake calender on a regular basis seems to be the only option I can see with the new calender.

Is there another option that I am missing? :confused:

I believe it would be worth sending feedback through the lds.org site that the mission has made this request of you and asking them how to do it. Their answer will by the same, you can't get there from here right now. But at least they will be on notice that this is functionality that might be considered in future calendar updates.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:I believe it would be worth sending feedback through the lds.org site that the mission has made this request of you and asking them how to do it. Their answer will by the same, you can't get there from here right now. But at least they will be on notice that this is functionality that might be considered in future calendar updates.

At the same time, I'd suggest that the mission discuss the issue with their Priesthood Leadership, since that probably carries more weight then something sent to "feedback".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
gxwheel

Post by gxwheel »

Will do. It seems like the locations feature might be a potential place to add a mission, but as view only unit.

Adding Units to a location.
  1. Go to Settings > Locations & Rooms.
  2. Select the location. When you select the location, text below it appears that says, "Units using this location."
  3. Click Add unit to location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

gxwheel wrote:Will do. It seems like the locations feature might be a potential place to add a mission, but as view only unit.

That would allow them to see events by location, but not necessarily events that are being held elsewhere. For example, our stake has an annual swim meet held at a local pool. That's not going to show up on any of the "location" calendars.

gxwheel

Post by gxwheel »

I tried the Add Unit to location and could not find any missions (at least any units that have the word mission in the name).

Return to “Calendar”