Version 2 of Leader Resources

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
tdinkel

Version 2 of Leader Resources

Post by tdinkel »

I am sure that I am speaking for everyone else out there when I say that we LOVE all of the new tools available on lds.org for clerks and bishoprics.

on Tech.LDS.org, it states:

Roadmap
The information currently in Leader and Clerk Resources is just the beginning. More of the information from MLS will continue to migrate online, in addition to Home and Visiting Teaching modules, a leadership training library, and more. The calendar and directory will also be more integrated. These enhancements will take place in 2011 and beyond.

Does anyone have any inside information on when the new delivery date is for the next update which should include changing calling information?

Eager to have this extended functionality!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

tdinkel wrote:These enhancements will take place in 2011 and beyond.

"Beyond" hasn't come yet.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

tdinkel wrote:These enhancements will take place in 2011 and beyond.
See the answer posts to your question in this thread. The answers there apply here.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
SheffieldTR
Community Moderators

Post by SheffieldTR »

So I know that I am in a unique situation but having just been released as a Bishop and now being called as an 11 year old scout leader I am seeing the need (or have the personal desire) to be able to see a birthday list of the current boys in the program and when new ones will be coming. I know that callings are all on a list and in an order, but this one seems like rather simple and there are a great number of these callings that really only want to see a class list that would be "easy" to knock off the list.

Just a thought....
Troy
allenjpl

Post by allenjpl »

SheffieldTR wrote:So I know that I am in a unique situation but having just been released as a Bishop and now being called as an 11 year old scout leader I am seeing the need (or have the personal desire) to be able to see a birthday list of the current boys in the program and when new ones will be coming. I know that callings are all on a list and in an order, but this one seems like rather simple and there are a great number of these callings that really only want to see a class list that would be "easy" to knock off the list.

Just a thought....
Troy
I disagree. Lists involving children in the ward tend to be highly protected, and their personal information (like age) even more so. If someone in a given calling needs a class list (and doesn't already have one), they should probably request it from the presidency over their calling, who would then make the decision. I can sympathize with your concern over knowing how many Scouts you will likely have registered at any given time, but the best action would simply be to recruit like any other community troop. Attend pack meetings, introduce yourself to the Webelos den, and do your best to cultivate a solid relationship with them so that when they are ready to enter the troop, they can hit the ground running. (Off-topic, but you might also consider finding out what your ward's opinions are on bored 10-year old scouts who have earned their Arrow of Light joining the 11-year old patrol). Plus, one of the requirements for First Class is to invite an eligible boy/inactive Scout to join, so your Scouts should be recruiting as well. There's even a strip they can earn for recruiting.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

SheffieldTR wrote:I know that callings are all on a list and in an order, but this one seems like rather simple and there are a great number of these callings that really only want to see a class list that would be "easy" to knock off the list.

We have no way of knowing how things are prioritized. Currently they haven't done all the Bishopric stuff yet, much less gotten down to Scouting.

It seems like an easy request to have someone with access to MLS do for you.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”