Getting (Re)Started as a Clerk

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
HansG

Getting (Re)Started as a Clerk

Post by HansG »

Fellow Clerks,

I clerked for several years, and got to usher in MLS and say goodbye to MIS and FIS in my ward. After a few years in other callings, I was called as a clerk again a couple of months ago. My question is, has the Church gobbled up all the resources that were available a few years back? I was a member of a very active mailing list, as I recall it was maintained by a Kent Larsen??, but I can't find it any more. And the WIKI at ldsclerks.com seems to have not been updated since early 2009. I'm not complaining mind you, I'm just curious if any of those resources are still out there and active. . .

Thank you.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

hansg wrote:Fellow Clerks,

I clerked for several years, and got to usher in MLS and say goodbye to MIS and FIS in my ward. After a few years in other callings, I was called as a clerk again a couple of months ago. My question is, has the Church gobbled up all the resources that were available a few years back? I was a member of a very active mailing list, as I recall it was maintained by a Kent Larsen??, but I can't find it any more. And the WIKI at ldsclerks.com seems to have not been updated since early 2009. I'm not complaining mind you, I'm just curious if any of those resources are still out there and active. . .

Thank you.

This forum is the most active resource available. There is also a Wiki associated with this forum.

Kent Larsen's list was a marvelous resource in its day, but there has been no activity there in a very long time, and I do not believe it is being maintained any more.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I think Kent pulled the plug on his servers after the traffic went to near zero. I think you'll find all the regulars of that list are here, but perhaps with different screen names.

Between the forum and the wiki, the resources available to a clerk have never been better. The only thing I miss is Uncle Larry's bedtime stories. <grin>
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

RussellHltn wrote:Between the forum and the wiki, the resources available to a clerk have never been better. The only thing I miss is Uncle Larry's bedtime stories. <grin>
I whole-heartedly agree with both of these items. [sigh]
HansG

Post by HansG »

The wiki is awesome!! I was looking at our ward map, which had a grand total of a couple of verified household locations, and a bunch of unverified and flat out wrong locations. I didn't know how to change them, so searched it up on the WIKI, and presto! And changing them is EASY!
And the map resolution is so incredible I can just about put the household icon right over the master bedroom, not just over the house!! I have to believe some of the members would be a little queasy if they knew how much we were using technology to pin down their location (no pun intended).

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”