lds.org/broadcast/archive - More Content Available?

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
cool12

lds.org/broadcast/archive - More Content Available?

Post by cool12 »

Through this forum and through the broadcast archive, I have been fortunate enough to obtain most of the General Conferences from 1975 to present in mp3 format (also including a number of talks from leadership training sessions).

However, I have some holes in my files as follows:

Missing
1975 October Friday Morning Session
2004 April Priesthood Session
2004 October Priesthood Session
2005 April Priesthood Session
2005 October Priesthood Session
2006 April Priesthood Session
2006 October Priesthood Session

Would anyone with access to the archives above and beyond the broadcast archive in the title of this thread be able to assist me with what has been a "labor of love"?

Please feel free to PM me if needed.

I am so close to having this complete and there are many wonderful talks that I would love to hear from the general authority's mouth if possible (such as 2004 April Priesthood Session where Elder Maxwell gives his last talk).

Thanks,

Brother Cooley
mlh78

Post by mlh78 »

Private message coming your way re: October 1975. Can't help with the recent priesthood sessions.
cool12

Post by cool12 »

It seems that more than one member has the old conferences on tape but do not have the talks in a electronic format...is there anyone who could convert their tapes to mp3 and share them? Or is there anyone who has access to the church archives for these files that can get authorization to share this?

A lot of work was put into the files from 1975 to 2003 by someone who also created metadata for each mp3 and I have spent time revising/correcting this data (as well as what I have downloaded from the church site for 2004 to present) as well as my plan to have the Ensign cover pertaining to each conference edition as the album cover for each conference. If I wasn't so close to having everything I would simply sit back and revel in what I have, but I have to make a final plea to the community to see if anyone has my original post's missing pieces...

Thanks,
jexrp

Providing past conferences in audio and video formats

Post by jexrp »

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is planning to provide audio and video formats of general conferences back to 1971 during 2012.
cool12

Post by cool12 »

jexrp wrote:The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is planning to provide audio and video formats of general conferences back to 1971 during 2012.

That is WONDERFUL news! Please keep me posted when there are any updates.

Thanks, for sharing!
kevincurrey

Post by kevincurrey »

This IS wonderful news. Are you involved in the project, or have you heard about it second hand? I ask because I hope that the this archive will include music from those conferences as well. Some of my own most spiritual experiences with conference have come through the music that is shared.

I am actually currently looking for video from the October 2001 conference, which it would seem was just taken down from the website. If anyone knows how I can procure this, a reply/PM would be very welcome.
strago

Post by strago »

jexrp wrote:The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is planning to provide audio and video formats of general conferences back to 1971 during 2012.
I think they might have already started. Look at....

http://www.lds.org/general-conference/conferences

There is now audio and video back to April 2002. Last time I looked, it didn't go back even close to that far when it came to audio and video.

So
2004 April Priesthood Session
2004 October Priesthood Session
2005 April Priesthood Session
2005 October Priesthood Session
2006 April Priesthood Session
2006 October Priesthood Session
can now ALL be found right there!!! I would keep watching the page for older conferences.
cool12

Post by cool12 »

strago wrote:I think they might have already started. Look at....

http://www.lds.org/general-conference/conferences

There is now audio and video back to April 2002. Last time I looked, it didn't go back even close to that far when it came to audio and video.

So

can now ALL be found right there!!! I would keep watching the page for older conferences.

Oh I have been keeping a close eye on it believe me. I cannot express how amazing it is to have something like this that I am hungry for and then to subsequently have the church start updating this. I have gained so much strength from listening to present day and past conferences as I travel to/from work. I recommend it to everyone! I don't miss my music/radio at all!
strago

Post by strago »

Yah, I can't wait until they got every thing back to the 70s uploaded, and hopefully they'll go back ever farther than that. I know they got conference video back to at least 1963, when Thomas S. Monson gave his very first talk as an Apostle.

Return to “Main Church Website”