access to stake leadership

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
bigguys

access to stake leadership

Post by bigguys »

When I try to access my stake leadership it kicks me to my ward directory. Is this a glitch in the program or is the stake trying to hide the names of the stake leaders.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

The stake is certainly not trying to hide anything.

Just to be clear, it sounds like you are in the new Directory on lds.org, and you are looking at a page like this:
DirLeaders.jpg
(28.42 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
When you click on "Stake Leaders and Organizations" you are taken to your ward directory. Is that correct?

Note that the dropdown immediately above the red arrow in the image says "Stake Information." When you are unexpectedly taken to the ward directory, does that dropdown then have your ward's name?

Have you asked anyone else in your ward to try this and see if they get similar results?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
nbflint

Post by nbflint »

Where are you trying to access the stake leadership info from? Are you using the Ward/Stake website? If so, it sounds like your stake has turned on redirection to facilitate using the New Directory instead of the old one. You should be able to access your Stake Leadership info by doing the following:

1. Go to http://www.lds.org
2. Login using your LDS Account
3. Click Tools -> Directory
4. Click the selection bar under the name of your stake "It should be displaying your ward name" and select Stake Information.
5. Click Stake Leaders and Organizations
6. Click the stake organization you are looking for.

If that does help, respond to my first question and we may be able to give you better direction.

crislapi

Post by crislapi »

bigguys wrote:...is the stake trying to hide the names of the stake leaders.
Just to clear this one up definitively, there is no mechanism by which the stake CAN hide the leadership directory.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”