Portuguese translation

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
mag007

Portuguese translation

Post by mag007 »

There is an issue is kind of bugging me in the brazilian portuguse translation (I don't know if there is a european portuguese version as well). The time stamps are shown as T (instead of pm), wich is quite strange, as this simply isn't used in Brazil. Is there an option to have the time show in the 24h format, which is quite normal for us here? or at least to change it back to am/pm (actualy, the am is never shown, which sometimes is a bit confusing, to just see something like: "7 Council Meeting", something like 7h or 7am would help a lot.
silveira
Location: Sao Paulo Brazil, Horto Florestal Ward, Sao Paulo North Brazil Stake

International time format standard

Post by silveira »

mag007 wrote:There is an issue is kind of bugging me in the brazilian portuguse translation (I don't know if there is a european portuguese version as well). The time stamps are shown as T (instead of pm), wich is quite strange, as this simply isn't used in Brazil. Is there an option to have the time show in the 24h format, which is quite normal for us here? or at least to change it back to am/pm (actualy, the am is never shown, which sometimes is a bit confusing, to just see something like: "7 Council Meeting", something like 7h or 7am would help a lot.

Considering the new LDS web Calendar as a global Church application, it is appropriated for this system to allow users to configurate and select the International Time Format Standard - 24 hours time notation. This is defined in ISO 8601 (see in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601). The 24-hour clock enjoys broad everyday usage in most countries outside North America, Australia and the Philippines.
(Monal Daxini has been working in this matter in another application, allowing date to be stored in ISO 8601 date time timezone format).
Please, can anybody take care of this subject?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

silveira wrote:Considering the new LDS web Calendar as a global Church application, it is appropriated for this system to allow users to configurate and select the International Time Format Standard - 24 hours time notation.

It's being worked on. See this post.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”