New post: Camping.lds.org: A Central Site for Church Recreational Propertie

Discuss the feature articles on the Tech Home Page.
tomjoht

New post: Camping.lds.org: A Central Site for Church Recreational Propertie

Post by tomjoht »

New post: Camping.lds.org: A Central Site for Church Recreational Properties

Camping.lds.org is a new Church website that provides information about the 150+ Church recreational properties dedicated for use by youth and families of the Church. The site was developed by volunteers and employees in the LDSTech community working on the Recreational Properties project.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Exciting! Any projections for when the properties will be up? This will be a big help to the Youth Leaders and parents in our Stake!
tomjoht

Post by tomjoht »

The properties are mostly up there. Just click in the Search field and press your Enter key. They're working on improving the usability of the search.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Thanks. When I searched earlier today, I must have used the wrong terms.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

I used a * and it pulled back what appears to be all of them... Is there a way to do reservations from this site, I don't even seen a phone number to call for them.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I have clicked on a few of the thumbnails and they all seem to bring up a page with more information, including contact information for reservations.

What a great resource! Now, if we could just get more of them outside of Utah for those of us who live in the "wilderness..."

Which brings to mind - we have a Church Ranch here in Oklahoma that I know can be used for camping as well (our ward is going there tonight). Should this property be listed also?
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

davesudweeks wrote:Which brings to mind - we have a Church Ranch here in Oklahoma that I know can be used for camping as well (our ward is going there tonight). Should this property be listed also?
You can use the email address at the bottom of THIS page. I would suggest also submitting contact information (if you have it) for the person responsible for managing the property, so the church can contact them directly about listing it.

You can probably use their FEEDBACK page to send the above information as well.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Now when I try to access camping.lds.org, I am redirected to the church's "Child Protection Act System"

????
tomjoht

temporarily offline

Post by tomjoht »

davesudweeks wrote:Now when I try to access camping.lds.org, I am redirected to the church's "Child Protection Act System"

????
I'm not entirely sure why, but after publishing the article, a group of stakeholders needed to update the site with some critical enhancements, so it's temporarily offline.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Mikerowaved wrote:
davesudweeks wrote:Which brings to mind - we have a Church Ranch here in Oklahoma that I know can be used for camping as well (our ward is going there tonight). Should this property be listed also?
You can use the email address at the bottom of THIS page. I would suggest also submitting contact information (if you have it) for the person responsible for managing the property, so the church can contact them directly about listing it.

You can probably use their FEEDBACK page to send the above information as well.
FYI, I submitted information for a recreation property I was aware of that was not on the list and included the Property Manager's contact information. This was the reply I received...
Thanks for your feedback -

We do not have information entered about all properties yet and your help in locating the right people is appreciated.

We are still working on development of the site and additional information on facilities and activities, rules, photos, directions will be included.

Eventually we will have a scheduling and administrative module with the hope that when complete, the site will be helpful to both the Property Manager and users.

Larry A. Peterson
Church Recreational Properties
Volunteer Software Development Team
I suggest sending them any information you might have on church properties, so they can follow up with them and see if they should be listed. Also note, this is a a major "volunteer" effort, so be patient with them! :)
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Featured Article Discussions”