Print grid map?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jeffreylucasstrauss

Print grid map?

Post by jeffreylucasstrauss »

is it possible to print a grid map of my ward. would be a great help to ward missoinarry leaders to be able to print a map book of the ward
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

[Moderator note: I moved this post from the exceedingly long Ward Maps thread to a new thread.]
jeffreylucasstrauss wrote:is it possible to print a grid map of my ward. would be a great help to ward missoinarry leaders to be able to print a map book of the ward
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "grid map", since that could mean a lot of different things. On lds.org, you can go to Tools > Maps and see a map with your ward boundaries displayed, as well as markers for each household. There is no feature for any kind of grid lines, but you could draw those in on top of the map, according to your ward's particular needs.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

See this post. Other posts in that thread may also prove useful.
Jaminak

Post by Jaminak »

aebrown wrote:On lds.org, you can go to Tools > Maps and see a map with your ward boundaries displayed, as well as markers for each household.

Somewhat on topic. When I view our wards map there are no ward boundaries displayed. I do see all the household markers. Is there something I'm missing that would turn this on? My Bishop asked me to find out about this. Thanks
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Jaminak wrote:When I view our wards map there are no ward boundaries displayed. I do see all the household markers. Is there something I'm missing that would turn this on?
I am not sure but I think that the default for first time use is that boundaries are not selected for display in the map legend. You can turn on the boundaries by showing the map legend and checking "Selected Boundary" in the Boundaries section of the map legend. Show the map legend by clicking the second icon on the left of the map control menu found near the bottom of the map. The map control menu is mostly transparent until moused over; when moused over it will be fully visible.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Jaminak

Post by Jaminak »

That was it! Thanks so much!

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”