lds.org/messaging

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
allenjpl

lds.org/messaging

Post by allenjpl »

I tried to access lds.org/messaging this morning, and I hit an "Access denied." Was this function removed altogether, or was it just placed behind the Clerk and Leadership Services access firewall?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The latter.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
geowizrd4zion

Post by geowizrd4zion »

which brings up the question, when will an access rights table be made available so we know which callings can use the system?

in particular, i'm thinking about relief society and young women and primary presidencies and secretaries. if they can't use it, then it will lose over half of it's potential utility and will always take a back seat to other homegrown workarounds...
allenjpl

Post by allenjpl »

RussellHltn wrote:The latter.
I'm sure nobody cares, but this makes me very sad. As a side note, is the Messaging system identical to the one already contained in Leader & Clerk Resources? That is, I seem to remember that someone mentioned the LCR system messenger would only permit you to send messages to one group at a time, but the Messaging page could add multiple groups (although the first line was the only one shown, if you expanded the To: box, you could see the rest of the recipients). Since I don't have access to either now, I can't check on my own.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

allenjpl wrote:but the Messaging page could add multiple groups

It does seem to work that way. Each time I click on a group something is added to the 'To:".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

allenjpl wrote:I'm sure nobody cares, but this makes me very sad.
I'm sure it was handy for those few people who discovered that URL, but it was always supposed to be part of Leader & Clerk Resources and secured in the same way. It was an oversight that it was more broadly available.
allenjpl wrote:is the Messaging system identical to the one already contained in Leader & Clerk Resources?

It's not just identical, it is the same system. When you are in Leader & Clerk Resources, if you click on the "Send a Message" link, you go to lds.org/messaging. So regardless of how you got there, it would work the same. There has never been a difference in the functionality (because it has always been the one system).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Main Church Website”