Attendance Roll - Data not refreshing when tab left open

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
tietjen

Attendance Roll - Data not refreshing when tab left open

Post by tietjen »

In MLS if I click on 'Organizations > Reports/Tools > Print Rolls and Lists' and keep this tab open, even though I make changes to classes in the 'Organizations > Sunday School' members, it does not reflect the member changes when I go and preview the attendance roll report unless I close the tab and re-open the 'Print Rolls and Lists' page. It seems like it should query the latest data when you hit preview or print.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

This makes sense to me. The query occurs at the time the report is generated (open the tab). To refresh the query, you must re-run the report.
tietjen

Post by tietjen »

crislapi wrote:This makes sense to me. The query occurs at the time the report is generated (open the tab). To refresh the query, you must re-run the report.

That's the problem, when I re-run the report it does not reflect the changes made. I have to close the tab and open it again and then re-run the report the get the changes to be reflected.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

Ah, I understand now. So the query is run one step prior. That's odd, because on the finance side, even if I have a report open, it will update to reflect changes I may have made on other tabs.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

crislapi wrote:Ah, I understand now. So the query is run one step prior. That's odd, because on the finance side, even if I have a report open, it will update to reflect changes I may have made on other tabs.

I used to have to close the tab and reopen it on the finance side, too, to get updates. Perhaps the finance side is more up to date in handling changes. It would be nice if everything updated. Usually we close and reopen tabs.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lajackson wrote:In fact, there are many times when we have to minimize MLS and then expand it again to get it to display properly.

The problem that is fixed by minimizing and restoring MLS is quite different from the topic of this thread. It is purely a display issue where portions of the screen don't get painted properly. I've long suspected that it is some sort of low memory issue, but I don't know for sure.

But the subject of this thread is a case where the data in a tab is not updated when data is changed in another tab. That's an entirely different subject.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”