Multiple schedulers making reservations

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
scottncheryl

Multiple schedulers making reservations

Post by scottncheryl »

Can there only be one building scheduler at a time? The wards in our stake transition the scheduler duties to the agent ward so it changes each year. So does the stake administrator need to change those each year at the beginning of the year and the new reservations can't be changed or modified until that time? I guess reservations should not change much from year to year just the actual events do.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

scottncheryl wrote:Can there only be one building scheduler at a time? The wards in our stake transition the scheduler duties to the agent ward so it changes each year. So does the stake administrator need to change those each year at the beginning of the year and the new reservations can't be changed or modified until that time?
A particular location (building) may have any number of building schedulers at any time. If there is to be a change in building schedulers it may make sense for a stake administrator to add the new one before the old one is removed, so that there will be a time that they both have scheduling permissions. That may facilitate a gradual hand-off of responsibilities. Of course, any time there is more than one building scheduler for a location, they would need to coordinate their efforts.

There should never need to be any time during which reservations cannot be added or modified.
scottncheryl wrote: I guess reservations should not change much from year to year just the actual events do.
That's generally true, although I've heard of some stakes where the nights assigned to wards for Mutual in a multi-ward building rotate each year. But even those reservations for 2012 should already be in the Calendar system, since wards will surely already have been entering some 2012 events.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”