IP Cameras

Discussions about the desktop video conferencing solution provided by the Church

Moderators: MarchantRR, rodhyde

harddrive

IP Cameras

Post by harddrive »

I'm currently using Windows 7 as my OS to connect to the PVC software. When I load up the Vidyo desktop software, I see in the configuration under devices that IP Camera [Jpeg/MJped] is an option. I have an IP camera connected to the network, but when I start a session with the IP camera selected, it says

Error trying to start camer. Please verify that the camera is not being used by another application.

I can connect to the camera using IE or Firefox. Can this software support an IP camera? If it can, what do I need to do in Windows 7 to get the device to be recognized by the software?

I'm doing a test right now, but from what I see, the software won't let me do anything of the sort.

Thanks for letting me know.
Terry
rmarchant

Post by rmarchant »

harddrive wrote:Can this software support an IP camera? If it can, what do I need to do in Windows 7 to get the device to be recognized by the software?
As far as I know, an IP camera is not supported. You can see the following url for some recommended camera's to use with PVC.

https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Personal_Vide ... quirements
ksolsen
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by ksolsen »

rmarchant wrote:As far as I know, an IP camera is not supported. You can see the following url for some recommended camera's to use with PVC.

https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Personal_Vide ... quirements

I checked with Vidyo. They do not currently support any IP cameras.
Kurt Olsen - Product Manager at Church HQ for Digital Presentation (Personal Video Conferencing, Meetinghouse Webcast, Conference Rooms, Video Conference Endpoints, Meetinghouse Digital Content)
harddrive

Post by harddrive »

ksolsen wrote:I checked with Vidyo. They do not currently support any IP cameras.

Thank you ksolsen. I figured that when I couldn't get it to work. Will have to look at one of the USB captures with PVC.
rgme

Post by rgme »

Did you have a chance to try the USB capture device with Vidyo? I'm curious if one works (like the Roxio one mentioned a lot here). That would open the door to using a laptop to run the stream, which would be convenient.
harddrive

Post by harddrive »

rgme wrote:Did you have a chance to try the USB capture device with Vidyo? I'm curious if one works (like the Roxio one mentioned a lot here). That would open the door to using a laptop to run the stream, which would be convenient.

No I haven't and apparently no one that has one has given it a try. So I guess that I will have to purchase one for myself and try it myself.
rgme

Post by rgme »

I wanted to report back that I've been able to use the Roxio USB Easy VHS to DVD device to input video into Vidyo. However, I was getting interlacing issues as reported in this thread. I wasn't able to see an easy workaround as suggested here. Then again, other people didn't have the interlacing problem that I did. YMMV.

I did have some trouble when trying to select the 450p30 option for video quality. Vidyo desktop kept giving me an error. When set to "Best ..." (framerate, quality, etc) it worked fine. (The quality was a different issue, but I think that's related to my net connection.)

Return to “Personal Video Conferencing”