LDS Open Source Projects

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

ebastow wrote:I had a request from the new Stake Patriarch to get him a OpenOffice EWriter template to use for his Blessings (instead of typing them on, or guessing on the screen....

I made the tempate, but I can seem to be able to lock the from so that it can work with the PC on the floor. Need to know how to protect the areas of the tempate, and make the parts of the table open to type in....

Thanks, Evan Bastow
What do you mean "lock the form so that it can work with the PC on the floor?" Your form looks nice. What do you want to lock? If you want to lock the text labels, convert them to "User Fields" by selecting the "Insert->Fields->Other" menu option and creating the custom fields.

Tom
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

I've made it more of a form approach in Word 2007, though if anyone could make it Word 2003 or OpenOffice Format with the same forms and protection that might be what Eric wants. So as it stands the patriarch can only insert information and never change the standard parts of the form.
Attachments
Patriarchal.zip
(30.78 KiB) Downloaded 385 times
- David
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

tomw wrote:What do you mean "lock the form so that it can work with the PC on the floor?" Your form looks nice. What do you want to lock? If you want to lock the text labels, convert them to "User Fields" by selecting the "Insert->Fields->Other" menu option and creating the custom fields.

Tom

I think that was a sleep deprived statement and I think that is exactly what he wanted (by the way I think the correct translation of sleep speak was "with a PC straight off the store shelf"
- David
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

Oh and you need to add docx as a valid uploadedable document to these forms.
- David
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

thedqs wrote:Oh and you need to add docx as a valid uploadedable document to these forms.
This has been done.

Tom
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

And you might want the other X Formats for Office pptx xlsx etc (basically the normal office extensions with an x appended) Also the other openoffice formats though I don't remember all their extensions.
- David
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

thedqs wrote:And you might want the other X Formats for Office pptx xlsx etc (basically the normal office extensions with an x appended) Also the other openoffice formats though I don't remember all their extensions.
Yes, thank you!

Tom
marianomarini

Me too

Post by marianomarini »

I'm also available to collaborate. I'm an italian member and I'm thinking to translate it in italian. Would this possible?
marianomarini

Wrong forum

Post by marianomarini »

I wrong something, my reply was for another forum.
Pardon!
marianomarini

I apologize

Post by marianomarini »

The forum is correct but I red only pag.1.
So my post is for EDB program mentioned at the beginning of forum.

Return to “Other Member Technologies”