Detail does not always open

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
greglebaron

Detail does not always open

Post by greglebaron »

I am a building scheduler. I click on a calendar event to see the deatils and sometimes the detail box doesn't open -- no message; nothing happens. I try a single click and a double click. Nothing seems to work. I will click on another event, and sometimes it will open and sometimes I can't get anything to open. Why can't I always get the details to open for all events?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

greglebaron wrote:I am a building scheduler. I click on a calendar event to see the deatils and sometimes the detail box doesn't open -- no message; nothing happens. I try a single click and a double click. Nothing seems to work. I will click on another event, and sometimes it will open and sometimes I can't get anything to open. Why can't I always get the details to open for all events?
I hope you won't think I have any doubts about your competence, but one thing I've seen that can cause this is when people have a somewhat unsteady hand; they may move the mouse while they are in the process of clicking, so the system interprets that as a tiny drag operation, rather than a click operation. Other than that, I don't have any other ideas.

And by the way, you'll never do a double click on the Calendar -- it's always just a single click.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
greglebaron

Post by greglebaron »

Thank you for your response and your help. You may not have any doubts concerning my competence, but I do when starting with a new program. Your response tells me that others have not had this problem. I the case I cited, the "mouse" was a roller-ball and the side button was clicked with NO movement of the ball. The other interesting thing is that both I and my wife are Schedulers and one of us can open the detail box on one computer but the other can't open the detail box on a second computer. When we switch computers, it still won't come up on the second computer. But the problem is sporatic.

Thanks again, Greg

Return to “Calendar”