Official Communications Library Newsletter or Notifications

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
marmat

Official Communications Library Newsletter or Notifications

Post by marmat »

Does an Official Communications Library newsletter or notification system exist? (I know about the online archive on LDS.org Leader resources, but its manual to go check) Aside from the stake president receiving communications directly in the mail I am not aware of such system.

If there is please let me know! If not, take this as a suggestion, thanks!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

marmat wrote:Does an Official Communications Library newsletter or notification system exist? (I know about the online archive on LDS.org Leader resources, but its manual to go check) Aside from the stake president receiving communications directly in the mail I am not aware of such system.

The stake president also receives them by e-mail at his Church account. I think that is the only "notification" system, since he is the intended recipient anyway.
marmat

Post by marmat »

lajackson wrote:The stake president also receives them by e-mail at his Church account. I think that is the only "notification" system, since he is the intended recipient anyway.
OK I didn't know he received them by email. Never donned on me to ask. Is there a way to turn on the emails for the stake executive secretary as well?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

marmat wrote:OK I didn't know he received them by email. Never donned on me to ask. Is there a way to turn on the emails for the stake executive secretary as well?

I don't think so. It is the unit leader's specific Church e-mail account and, unless he gives his password to someone else, he is the only one who can access it.

I guess I should also clarify that he has to go to the account to check for mail, which our stake president does regularly. He receives a lot more stuff than just First Presidency letters.

I am not sure if he can set it up so that his desktop e-mail client can fetch the messages for him. Many e-mail sites allow that, but some do not. I do not know if this particular site does.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

lajackson wrote:I am not sure if he can set it up so that his desktop e-mail client can fetch the messages for him. Many e-mail sites allow that, but some do not. I do not know if this particular site does.
ldsmail is just a mask placed over a gmail account. As such, the emails can be forwarded to another email address. Once logged in, go to settings (gear icon) > Mail settings > Forward and POP/IMAP and click on the button that says "Add a forwarding address". This same section can be used to connect the account to an email client.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”