calendar sync problem

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
ldscossgmadden4

calendar sync problem

Post by ldscossgmadden4 »

when attempting to sync new LDS calendar to my personal Google calendar, I consistently get the error message: "We could not parse the calendar at the url requested" ... what can I do?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ldscossgmadden4 wrote:when attempting to sync new LDS calendar to my personal Google calendar, I consistently get the error message: "We could not parse the calendar at the url requested" ... what can I do?
If you are willing to do some troubleshooting, you can follow the advice given in the thread Unable to Sync to Google. Often these problems are related to the text within a particular event, and if you can find the problematic event(s), you can fix the events (or ask someone with the correct permissions for that calendar to do so), and then you should be able to sync.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:if you can find the problematic event(s), you can fix the events (or ask someone with the correct permissions for that calendar to do so), and then you should be able to sync.

Or, you can choose to unsubscribe to the calender that event is on until the problem is fixed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
azwheels

More sync errors

Post by azwheels »

RussellHltn wrote:Or, you can choose to unsubscribe to the calender that event is on until the problem is fixed.

I was getting the "unable to parse" error, so I tried to narrow down which calendar had a problem by unchecking all but one of my subscribed calendars. I now get the following error:

"The following are not google calendar users: dgs4r1tg2htnilpebkhv8l4s2m6hvuam@import.calendar.google.com"

Does anyone have any ideas about this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Have you tried unsubscribing from that calendar and adding a different one?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
vlott
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by vlott »

Also try:

1- remove existing lds.org calendar feed from Google Calendar
2- log into into lds.org/church-calendar
3- go to Settings->Sync and select the Google Sync view
4- click on the generate new url button top right and confirm
5- copy your new url from the Google Sync view
6- In Google Calendar enter the new url in the "Add By Url.." feature
7- Your events should now come in to Google Calendar

As you know, Google Sync had problems for a long time but was fixed with the 2.0 release. It appears to be necessary for users to generate a new URL so that everything gets re-setup from the Google side
azwheels

calendar sync problem

Post by azwheels »

I removed existing calendar feeds from Google Calendar and created a new URL. This solved the latest problem, but now I am back to the original problem: unable to parse the calendar at this location.
azwheels

Post by azwheels »

The iCalendar validator gives me the following message, which I do not know how to evaluate. Am I looking for an entry with a missing colon?

Stack trace: at antlr.Parser.match(Int32 t) at DDay.iCal.iCalParser.property(ISerializationContext ctx, ICalendarPropertyListContainer c) in C:\Users\jon\dday-1.0\DDay.iCal\Serialization\iCalendar\iCalParser.cs:line 320 at DDay.iCal.iCalParser.component(ISerializationContext ctx, ISerializerFactory sf, ICalendarComponentFactory cf, ICalendarObject o) in C:\Users\jon\dday-1.0\DDay.iCal\Serialization\iCalendar\iCalParser.cs:line 441 at DDay.iCal.iCalParser.icalbody(ISerializationContext ctx, IICalendar iCal) in C:\Users\jon\dday-1.0\DDay.iCal\Serialization\iCalendar\iCalParser.cs:line 230 at DDay.iCal.iCalParser.icalendar(ISerializationContext ctx) in C:\Users\jon\dday-1.0\DDay.iCal\Serialization\iCalendar\iCalParser.cs:line 157 at DDay.iCal.Serialization.iCalendar.iCalendarSerializer.Deserialize(TextReader tr) in C:\Users\jon\dday-1.0\DDay.iCal\Serialization\iCalendar\Serializers\iCalendarSerializer.cs:line 100 at DDay.iCal.Serialization.iCalendar.SerializerBase.Deserialize(Stream stream, Encoding encoding) in C:\Users\jon\dday-1.0\DDay.iCal\Serialization\iCalendar\Serializers\SerializerBase.cs:line 54 at DDay.iCal.iCalendar.LoadFromStream(Stream s, Encoding e, ISerializer serializer) in C:\Users\jon\dday-1.0\DDay.iCal\iCalendar.cs:line 216 at DDay.iCal.iCalendar.LoadFromStream(Stream s) in C:\Users\jon\dday-1.0\DDay.iCal\iCalendar.cs:line 178 at ValidatorWebRole._Default.Validate(Int64 byteCount, TextReader tr, String id) in C:\Users\jon\icalvalid\gitwork\icalvalid\DDay.iCal.Validator.Client.CloudApp\ValidatorWebRole\Default.aspx.cs:line 346
Inner exception:
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

azwheels wrote:The iCalendar validator gives me the following message, which I do not know how to evaluate. Am I looking for an entry with a missing colon?

It's unlikely that you would be able to find the entry by looking for a missing colon; that may not even be the real problem. If you want to narrow it down, follow the instructions linked to in this post. The problem is almost certainly limited to the text in one (or more) events; if you find those events, then you (or someone with rights to edit those events) can remove the offending text and have a clean sync.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
vlott
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by vlott »

aebrown wrote:It's unlikely that you would be able to find the entry by looking for a missing colon; that may not even be the real problem. If you want to narrow it down, follow the instructions linked to in this post. The problem is almost certainly limited to the text in one (or more) events; if you find those events, then you (or someone with rights to edit those events) can remove the offending text and have a clean sync.
When you do find the offending text it please post back what you found and we will log a bug to get it handled better on the sync output.
Thanks.

Return to “Calendar”