Formatting in version 2.4.0

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
bljarv

Formatting in version 2.4.0

Post by bljarv »

Am I the only one who thinks that the borders on the text in this latest version are a little too wide? It looks fantastic on the iPad, but on my phone, it limits the amount of text that can be displayed on one line.

I don't want to sound too critical, I love the app and the capability introduced in 2.4.0 is great, just wondering what other people think.

Thanks!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

bljarv wrote:Am I the only one who thinks that the borders on the text in this latest version are a little too wide?

I cannot even read the text. It appears that every paragraph is displayed with every line on top of each other. Then there is a space of an inch or so, and the next black blob seems to have all of the lines of the next paragraph printed over each other.

I sent in a help request last night, and hope to have an answer when I get home this afternoon and am able to check my e-mail again.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:It appears that every paragraph is displayed with every line on top of each other. Then there is a space of an inch or so, and the next black blob seems to have all of the lines of the next paragraph printed over each other.

I've seen problems like that on web pages if the default text size is not used. Are there text size settings in the app or on the device?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

RussellHltn wrote:I've seen problems like that on web pages if the default text size is not used. Are there text size settings in the app or on the device?
I reset the app to default settings, and that did not clear up the problem. The last time this happened, it was with one specific document, and not everything. They had to redo the document and I had to download it again. Hopefully I will find out more when I get home this evening.
DanMaker

Post by DanMaker »

lajackson wrote:I cannot even read the text. It appears that every paragraph is displayed with every line on top of each other. Then there is a space of an inch or so, and the next black blob seems to have all of the lines of the next paragraph printed over each other.

I sent in a help request last night, and hope to have an answer when I get home this afternoon and am able to check my e-mail again.

I'm seeing the same thing on my iPod Touch, here's versions and such:

Gospel Library version 2.4.0
iPod Touch model: PC086LL
iOS version 4.2.1(latest version for this device)

I've tried re-starting the device and restoring the default settings under "Settings -> Restore Default Settings" as well as changing font face and size, none of these made any difference.

Dan
rgme

Post by rgme »

I agree that the margins are too wide in 2.4. I would love an option to set the width. Top and bottom margins don't affect me nearly as much.

I'm not having any issues with the text rendering like mentioned above, though.
pa7274

Post by pa7274 »

I am having the same problem with the text being unreadable with the new update. Any word on the solution?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

pa7274 wrote:I am having the same problem with the text being unreadable with the new update. Any word on the solution?
They did not answer my e-mail yesterday. Did you send a bug report also? It would probably help them to know that more than one person has the problem.
free2run

Same problem...

Post by free2run »

I'm thinking that this problem of each individual verse being jumbled on top of itself, thus making it unable to read, is only happening to those without iOS 5...am I right? Or maybe it's that we have older iPod touches. Maybe a combo of both.

I recently sent an email reporting the bug to the makers of the app. I hope it gets solved quickly, because this has been such a handy app for me wherever I go! Plus, I would love to use the new updates even more!

I'm including two screenshots of what I'm assuming everyone (with this problem) is seeing.

lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

free2run wrote:I'm thinking that this problem of each individual verse being jumbled on top of itself, thus making it unable to read, is only happening to those without iOS 5...am I right? Or maybe it's that we have older iPod touches. Maybe a combo of both.

I am only seeing the first screenshot, not the second. I have a 2nd Generation iPod Touch, so I will never have the iOS 5 option on this device. I hope they have not accidentally obsoleted a whole bunch of us who do not always go out and get the latest and greatest hardware.

And if they have, I would like to know how to get the old .ipa file back onto my iTouch. I still have it. I just don't know how to restore it, or if iTunes will even let me.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”