missing batch

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
spencernephi

missing batch

Post by spencernephi »

We're missing a batch on MLS for Oct 23, 2011. We have the transmition report and it appears that checks have cleared an all, but MLS doesn't show anything How do I find the batch? I fear, when I go to print out the donor statements for taxes that week's batch will still be missing.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Other units have experienced the same problem. See the thread Setup came and went, only issue is donation batch was deleted for an explanation of how to correct it.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
funaddict

Post by funaddict »

We had the same problem. I called mls support and told the analyst I was missing a batch. She asked "Was it Oct. 23rd?" I said yes, and she mumbled something about half the units are missing that batch. I told her that it showed up in October's CUBS report and she said that was a good sign. She looked up something on her end and confirmed that they did indeed have a record of it. She told me she would have it sent down to our ward computer the next day and I should come in the next evening and do two send-and-receives and then I would be instructed to log off MLS and then sign back on and it would be there. I came in the next evening and did as I had been instructed, but the file wasn't there. I called the support line again (Tues evening hours) and talked to a different analyst who then looked it up and said that it had been requested but for some reason hadn't been sent down yet. He said he would request it again and it should be there by the following evening. I left and came back two hours later to process tithing settlement donations and found that it was there waiting to be downloaded. Everything appears to be fine now.
Alan
It did cause some surprises when I handed out tithing statements before I made the corrections. I had to alert the bishop and reassure some of the members who had donated on that date.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”