Can't unsubscribe from LDS-GL_Android-Project

Discussions around Mobile Development
arpitman

Can't unsubscribe from LDS-GL_Android-Project

Post by arpitman »

I was helping on the Android Gospel Library in Jira. I have been getting the emails from the google group LDS-GL_Android-Project for a long time.
I am taking a break now and would like to stop getting the emails. I tried to unsubscribe and got an email saying that I wasn't a member of LDS-GL_Android-Project. I also removed myself from the GL Android project.
I am still getting the emails. How do I stop them?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

arpitman wrote:I was helping on the Android Gospel Library in Jira. I have been getting the emails from the google group LDS-GL_Android-Project for a long time.
I am taking a break now and would like to stop getting the emails. I tried to unsubscribe and got an email saying that I wasn't a member of LDS-GL_Android-Project. I also removed myself from the GL Android project.
I am still getting the emails. How do I stop them?
If you removed yourself from the GL Android project, that should no longer be the source of emails.

But membership in a Google Group is a separate issue. You may have been added to the Google Group because you joined the project, but you would have to be removed from the Google Group separately.

When you say "I tried to unsubscribe", what exactly did you do? There's an article in Google's help system titled Unsubscribing from a group that should cover all the possibilities.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
arpitman

Post by arpitman »

I tried sending an unsubscribe to the group, but got a reply that I was not a member of the group. I have no idea why I am getting emails if I am not a member. I just tried the methods on that link you sent and all of them point to me NOT being a member of the group and yet I still get emails.

I sent a message to the group owner and hope that will shed some light on it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

arpitman wrote:I just tried the methods on that link you sent and all of them point to me NOT being a member of the group and yet I still get emails.

By any chance did you change emails? Are you trying to unsubscribe using the "new" email when you are actually subscribed with the "old" address (that's being forwarded to the new one)?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
arpitman

Post by arpitman »

i only have one email associated with my LDS account. I have had the same email address for 20+ years. It is possible that I used another email when signing up for this, but I can't figure it out because this email address is the only one on my LDS account.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'd suggest taking a careful look at the headers of the emails you are receiving. That might provide a clue as to what email they are being sent to.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
arpitman

Post by arpitman »

Excellent suggestion. I just did that and found it. My original google account was set up as a certain email (not writing here for security). Then I attached that account to google apps and my own domain, which is my current email that I have had forever at my own domain. Turns out I was subscribed somehow using the @gmail.com account that was originally set up.

Thanks, now unsubscribed....

Return to “Mobile Development”