Deleting duplicate records

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
cambo1055

Deleting duplicate records

Post by cambo1055 »

I have a child of record that has two child records. One has the correct spelling of the last name while the other record has a extra letter in it. The information on both records are the same except for the last name. They also have different record numbers.

When you go to remove the mispelled record from MLS, it doesn't give you an option to select to romove from the records. It doesn't need to be moved out of the ward, no head of household needs to be changed. The record needs to be deleted from church records and from the ward. How can I delete it and send it thru updating in the send/receive action so it can be withdrawn from church records?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I think you can find the answer in the wiki under Duplicate membership records
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
AdamPratt

Re: Deleting duplicate records

Post by AdamPratt »

[mrn removed] is an extra record of the same person [mrn removed] yet I do not know how to delete this [mrn removed] the extra record?
Last edited by russellhltn on Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal information - this is a public form
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Deleting duplicate records

Post by russellhltn »

I think you can find the answer in this post.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”