Moved Member Still Showing in LDS.org Directory

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
greggo

Moved Member Still Showing in LDS.org Directory

Post by greggo »

I apologize if this issue has been addressed in a previous thread, but I was not able to find anything during my quick search.

We have a member whose record has apparently been moved out of the unit, but he still shows up in the Directory on LDS.org. It's been been at least a couple of weeks, so I don't think its just that the directory has not yet caught up with MLS.

Do you know what could have caused this? Should a unit data refresh solve the problem?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

In a normal move, that seems excessively long. Was the member moved to a unit covered by a different area office (for example, another country)? Or were they moved to "Address Unknown"?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
greggo

Post by greggo »

RussellHltn wrote:Was the member moved to a unit covered by a different area office (for example, another country)? Or were they moved to "Address Unknown"?
No, he was moved to another ward in our stake.

Funny thing is, when I look him up in Maps (still in my branch), the pointer puts him at the new location, but with the old address. Could it be that his new ward just hasn't received the records yet?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

greggo wrote:Could it be that his new ward just hasn't received the records yet?

After "at least a couple of weeks" I don't know why they haven't received it. I could see them missing one Sunday due to conferences. Is that ward having problems with their computer?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
greggo

Post by greggo »

RussellHltn wrote:After "at least a couple of weeks" I don't know why they haven't received it. I could see them missing one Sunday due to conferences. Is that ward having problems with their computer?
Last Sunday was stake conference, so I guess there has only been 1 "normal Sunday" since the record was moved out. I'll wait a little longer and see what happens.
greggo

Post by greggo »

Follow up ...

Well, he still showed up in the directory after waiting another week or so. I sent in a request via the lds.org feedback, and after a couple of e-mails back and forth to provide the member's information, the record got fully moved to the new unit today. Apparently, the normal MLS procedure didn't work and the record was stuck "in limbo" between the units.

Unfortunately, after CHQ properly moved the record, his contact information was lost. Sigh... now I have to try to get his contact info again to give to the new unit. Hopefully someone still has it.

Return to “Main Church Website”