New Clerk

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
souf

New Clerk

Post by souf »

Hi I was just called sunday as the ward clerk this will be my first time doing such a calling I have a long family history of ward and stake clerks in my family from my father, grandfather and even great grand father along with some uncles any advise would be great

Thanks
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

souf wrote:any advise would be great

I'd start with Handbook 1, Section 13.4.2, and Handbook 2, Section 4.6.4; other Handbook sections will be helpful as well. On the wiki there is an article called Ward clerk, which has a good overview of responsibilities, as well as links to training and other relevant articles.

And if any questions arise that are stumping you, work with your stake clerk, or feel free to post a question on this forum and someone will be happy to help you.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

There is also a whole section of the forum for helping new clerks get started.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

There are some online training materials under the Melchizedek Priesthood section of LDS.org.

Menu > Service > Serving in the Church
Choose Melchizedek Priesthood
Choose Leader Resources
Look under Training Materials

The Record-Keeping and Auditing Training materials are on that menu. The direct URL is http://lds.org/pa/display/0,17884,6074-1,00.html.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

scgallafent wrote:The direct URL is http://lds.org/pa/display/0,17884,6074-1,00.html.
It might be easier to remember this one: auditing.lds.org
colingardner

Skills special training, abilities, and capabiiies can be Saved in Custom Fields

Post by colingardner »

By going to System Options one can give both a name and description, using the String option where i dicated for up to 11 different names..Each name is then selectable just like Preferred Name is. This works. Send me your email address and I will send examples of what has been stored and also how to do it.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”