MLS 3.4.2 Released Today

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
giffordrb

MLS 3.4.2 Released Today

Post by giffordrb »

MLS 3.4.2 (3.4.2_20243) is being released globally today. It should come down with the next send/receive and the installer is posted at mls.lds.org. This release is made up of various bug fixes - nothing too exciting to report. Just thought I would give you all a heads up.
Ryan Gifford
MLS
atticusewig

Post by atticusewig »

Details, please. It would be nice to know what was fixed.
I know a bunch of the fixes are probably invisible, but let
us know anyhow. Someone told me that sorts are a bit
different in places, but didn't elaborate. Any info ?
- Atticus
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

The release notes give no information. I did not check very closely this evening when I was at the church, but did not notice any changes from 3.4.1.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

davesudweeks wrote:The release notes give no information.

It says "Various bugs have been fixed in this version." Not exactly very detailed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aclawson

Post by aclawson »

I had to hit send/receive twice in a single session before it came down.
atticusewig

Post by atticusewig »

Stake Seminary Summary Report looks new, but because that
is usually handled by another clerk, I can't be sure.

- Atticus
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

RussellHltn wrote:It says "Various bugs have been fixed in this version." Not exactly very detailed.

If I recall correctly, the message announcing the update stated something like there would be increased functionality in Membership and Finance portions of MLS. What we got was just a bug fix, apparently. I'm glad for bug fixes, but that is not the same as increased functionality.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

davesudweeks wrote:I'm glad for bug fixes, but that is not the same as increased functionality.

It's possible they pushed it out early without the increased functionality due to tithing settlement. (assuming the bugs affected tithing settlement).

I suppose it can be argued that fixing bugs that rendered prior increased functionality unusable would be considered increasing the functionality. :D
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
giffordrb

Post by giffordrb »

I should have known that 'various bug fixes' wasn't good enough here ;)

So here are more details on the bug fixes:
  • Added new bishop recommendation form in Tongan.
  • MLS/Cubs fix - don't change the status of the original expense when creating an expense adjustment.
  • Fixed an exception triggered during pop up messages.
  • Stake Institute Attendance Report - Fixed print preview to keep selected sort order.
  • Fixed - A LURBS unit which has a bank account with no deposit fund types will throw an exception when generating empty batches associated with the empty weeks record.
  • Fixed typo in View/Update Expenses footer (receive).
  • Translation Change to the German Baptism and Confirmation Certificate.
  • Made the Posted Date field on the Income and Expense Detail report sort like a date field instead of a text field.
  • Finance Only units now get the budget, i&e report, as well as screen updates (CUBS)
  • Fixed an exception being thrown in the Budget report for unit with multiple bank accounts (CUBS).
  • Fixed - Finance report names not changing to MLS current language.
  • Fixed- Exception with LURBS units using bankcards resulting in duplicate data being sent to HQ.
  • Added Partriarch Recommendation, Stake Counselor Recommendation forms in Thai.
  • Sweedish Finance Reports translation fix.
  • S&I - Seminary Enrollment and Attendance Report. Changed report to only include students with 1-4 seminary year or not marked.
  • Fixed - Missing day on calling date being sent as '00' to cdol. Now sent as 01.
  • Changed default priesthood office for officiator to blank (Convert Baptism entry).
  • S&I - change in stake report titles. Added the word "Stake" to the beginning of the titles.
  • Various Mongolian strings added.
  • Fixed - In the View/Edit budget panel, changing the year causes the category tree branches to collapse, then they won't expand.
  • Update new Bishop/Stake Counselor recommendation forms (Chinese).
  • Fixed - CUBS Escheatment Report Name Does Not Show Correctly.
I apologize if some of the items might not be clear (lingo, acronyms etc) - I didn't spend a lot of time on this post but wanted to expand on 'various bug fixes' as requested. Due to tithing settlement there wasn't a lot of finance changes, as you can see. Thanks for your patience.

Also - I'm not sure if these items are appropriate for the change log on the wiki, though some editing could change this for some items ;)
Ryan Gifford
MLS

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”