Calling and Recording a Building Scheduler

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
sammythesm

Calling and Recording a Building Scheduler

Post by sammythesm »

As we try to get building schedulers called for 2012 to fully utilize the scheduling/resource capabilities of the calendar, I was a little confused by MLS.

At the ward level (I haven't checked the stake MLS yet) I see 15 different standard calling "scheduler" positions: "District Scheduler - Building X", "Scheduler - Building X", or "Stake Scheduler - Building X". (For each X, I get a number 1-5, which I assume is because have 5 buildings in our stake).

I'll probably record our building schedulers under "Scheduler" since these aren't really 'stake' or 'district' callings (they aren't extended by the Stake Presidency or high council).

I found it odd to have 'building 1', 'building 2', etc next to each standard calling. Our buildings aren't numbered like that anywhere else... so these numbers are rather arbitrary. They aren't used for "Building Representatives"/PFRs.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Are these standard positions? I agree the numbering seem odd.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sammythesm

Post by sammythesm »

Yep. All standard. See attached screenshot:
Screen Shot 2011-11-19 at 11.06.44 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2011-11-19 at 11.06.44 PM.jpg (22.27 KiB) Viewed 997 times
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

I wonder if one intent of those callings was to provide a means for attaching calendar editing privileges by calling to a calendar. Some people have suggested a private calendar or some sort of resource-only calendar for scheduling personal events for a particular location. I could see how it might be useful if Building 1's scheduler calling were connected to such a calendar as an editor; that way the permissions for that calendar would automatically transfer to a new person given that calling.

But in any case, this would require the stake to make some sort of designation as to what Building 1, 2, 3, etc. are, and since those numbers don't correspond to any stake's usual naming convention, this is a rather awkward approach.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
junyur

Post by junyur »

aebrown wrote:I wonder if one intent of those callings was to provide a means for attaching calendar editing privileges by calling to a calendar. Some people have suggested a private calendar or some sort of resource-only calendar for scheduling personal events for a particular location. I could see how it might be useful if Building 1's scheduler calling were connected to such a calendar as an editor; that way the permissions for that calendar would automatically transfer to a new person given that calling.

But in any case, this would require the stake to make some sort of designation as to what Building 1, 2, 3, etc. are, and since those numbers don't correspond to any stake's usual naming convention, this is a rather awkward approach.

Any new info on this? I just got an email from a ward website administrator informing me of this when he added his building scheduler.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The current calendar system does not use any of the callings in MLS for the building scheduler role. There is no link between the MLS position and the calendar system. It may at some time in the future, but for now it does not. The calendar building scheduler positions are entered by stake calendar administrators in the setup for each location.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”