Directory Alphabetizing

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
itrain

Directory Alphabetizing

Post by itrain »

In the classic Directory, an alphabetized selection was at the top. In the new directory there is not one requiring a constant scrolling back and forth when a member needs more than one family's information. It would be extremely efficient and easier if this could be restored. I know it could take some programming changes, but what are the chances it could happen?

Thanks, Geoff
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

itrain wrote:In the classic Directory, an alphabetized selection was at the top. In the new directory there is not one requiring a constant scrolling back and forth when a member needs more than one family's information. It would be extremely efficient and easier if this could be restored. I know it could take some programming changes, but what are the chances it could happen?

I don't know what the chances would be of bringing back that old technique, but the new model is to use the search box. Once you type in three or four letters of the name, you usually can see the name you want come into view. That's quite different, but pretty easy once you get used to it. And it will search any part of the name, so if you remember that it's Troy you want, but you can't remember his last name, the search will find it.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”