"Smart Lists"

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
sammythesm

"Smart Lists"

Post by sammythesm »

This is a feature request. My apologies if it's a repeat, but I hadn't found it anywhere else on the site.

I am a recently called Stake STS. I had to send my first email to all the Bishops in the stake tonight. To do this, I had to manually go to each ward in the directory and find their email, add it to my personal address book, and then compose the email. It was very time consuming for 15 units.

It would be nice if, on the Stake page of the directory, there were 'Smart Lists' or 'By Calling' lists that allowed you to send a message to all the Bishops across the stake, all the Exec Secs, all the Clerks, etc.

Would have saved me a ton of time!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

sammythesm wrote:This is a feature request. My apologies if it's a repeat, but I hadn't found it anywhere else on the site.

I am a recently called Stake STS. I had to send my first email to all the Bishops in the stake tonight. To do this, I had to manually go to each ward in the directory and find their email, add it to my personal address book, and then compose the email. It was very time consuming for 15 units.

It would be nice if, on the Stake page of the directory, there were 'Smart Lists' or 'By Calling' lists that allowed you to send a message to all the Bishops across the stake, all the Exec Secs, all the Clerks, etc.

Would have saved me a ton of time!
This idea was proposed in this post. I agree that it is very difficult to send messages to groups of leaders, both because of limited functionality in the Send a Message feature, and also because access to many of the message groups that do exist has been very tightly restricted (you can read about some of those restrictions in the linked thread).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

Please join the rest of us requesting this feature to be improved by submitting feedback using the "submit feedback" option on lds.org.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”