Cal 2.0 feature request

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jeffreyb84065

Cal 2.0 feature request

Post by jeffreyb84065 »

Just noticed since everyone can create calendars for their organizations, lesson assignments and other detail not pertinent to others is entered. It would be great to sync only the calendars you want--instead of everything on the calendar...

If this feature already exists, please advise.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Look under subscriptions. That selects what calendars are synced.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jeffreyb84065

Post by jeffreyb84065 »

I want to create separate calendars in iCal synced to Calendar 2.0. After unsubscribing to everything but 2 Stake calendars it appears to have updated correctly. Now, if I want the other calendars synced in a separate iCal calendar, after subscribing, will they sync with the stake ones--or is there a way to sync under a different url and keep all the content in separate iCal synced calendars? Is there a way to "export" like the old MLS calendaring system?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jeffreyb84065 wrote:I want to create separate calendars in iCal synced to Calendar 2.0. After unsubscribing to everything but 2 Stake calendars it appears to have updated correctly. Now, if I want the other calendars synced in a separate iCal calendar, after subscribing, will they sync with the stake ones--or is there a way to sync under a different url and keep all the content in separate iCal synced calendars?
You only have one list of subscribed calendars, so you can't choose one list of calendars to sync with one iCal calendar, and a different list for another iCal calendar.
jeffreyb84065 wrote:Is there a way to "export" like the old MLS calendaring system?
Sure. Just take the URL you use for syncing, and enter it in the address bar of your browser. Then the save the file that is produced (it's best to save it with a .ics extension). That is an iCal file that you can use to import to any calendar system that supports iCal.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”