Where report bugs?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
marmat

Where report bugs?

Post by marmat »

Where do we report bugs in the calendar?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Normally we suggest sending them to "Feedback" on the main site. But since the church calendar developers do hang out here, you can report them here.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
marmat

Post by marmat »

Thanks. Will try the Feedback link as it is kind of a confidential request. A person that was released from a significant leadership calling that weeks ago was released and changed in MLS etc and is updated on LDS.org too, is still seeing old private calendars and the newly turned back on email notification features are being 'send as' their name. Kind of has the new leadership on edge about what they can/can't see.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

Was he added to the private calendar by name or calling? If by name, someone needs to go in and remove him.
marmat

Post by marmat »

RussellHltn wrote:Normally we suggest sending them to "Feedback" on the main site. But since the church calendar developers do hang out here, you can report them here.

Odd. Unless I am blind I don't see the Feedback link or button when viewing the calendar? I thought it was always in the footer?
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

You can use the feedback link in the footer of lds.org and then under "regarding" select the appropriate site (likely Local Unit Website). Also, in the feedback page you can change the referring URL to lds.org/church-calendar
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

"Main site", as in lds.org.

However, I think you need quicker service. First, note what crislapi has said. If he was added "by name", it's not a bug. By default, when you create a new calendar, you are added as a editor "by name". I believe the documentation says that private calendars are private even from default admins (which include the new leaders).

Use "feedback" if this is a bug. But if you need something fixed, then I'd call Local Unit Support.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
marmat

Post by marmat »

crislapi wrote:Was he added to the private calendar by name or calling? If by name, someone needs to go in and remove him.

Definitely isn't added by name. I checked that first thing before posting here. The access on all of the important key and private calendars are all entered in by calling only. Thanks.
marmat

Post by marmat »

RussellHltn wrote:Use "feedback" if this is a bug. But if you need something fixed, then I'd call Local Unit Support.

Thanks. Wasn't aware I could call Local Unit Support for these type of issues. I might try that option to get it into the ticket system quicker with more detail.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

marmat wrote:Thanks. Wasn't aware I could call Local Unit Support for these type of issues. I might try that option to get it into the ticket system quicker with more detail.

Let us know how it goes. They would seem to be the logical place to start on something needing immediate attention. "Feedback" can take months.

Return to “Calendar”