Seeing other stakes (for SA)

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
bigdave250

Seeing other stakes (for SA)

Post by bigdave250 »

Let me first say that the new calendar is a great improvement over the old one.

You can see what the stake and ward has planned and before you add an event, you can do a little coorelation, selecting the best time and date.

I'm in Single Adults, and we are in the process of setting up a tab so that we can input all our ward activities on the calendar. The stake has already put some on it.

The question I have is this: Can I access other stake calendars besides my home stake? This would be ideal to check on regional activies being planned by other stakes. As an extra, you could confirm that there have been no changes or cancellations of certain activities. In the past we have had to cancel activities and were unable to get the word out to everyone who was interested in attending, and had some individuals drive 100+ miles to an activity that had been cancelled.

Another question: Do you think we even need a calendaring coorelation meeting with the ability to place events on the calendar? This could be self coorelating so to speek.

Thanks,

David M. Smith :)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

bigdave250 wrote:The question I have is this: Can I access other stake calendars besides my home stake? This would be ideal to check on regional activies being planned by other stakes. As an extra, you could confirm that there have been no changes or cancellations of certain activities. In the past we have had to cancel activities and were unable to get the word out to everyone who was interested in attending, and had some individuals drive 100+ miles to an activity that had been cancelled.

There is no ability for you to see another stake's calendar. It's a privacy issue, I'm sure.
bigdave250 wrote:Another question: Do you think we even need a calendaring coorelation meeting with the ability to place events on the calendar? This could be self coorelating so to speek.

Most calendaring can be done independently, and doesn't need yet another meeting. It might be good to have a kick-off meeting to go over the guidelines the ward wants to follow in creating events, so everyone knows how to resolve conflicts, do consistent naming, etc. But after that, calendar editors and administrators should mostly be able to schedule events as needed.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Admin note: Since this was about the calendar, it's been moved from the "Feedback" forum and re-titled.
bigdave250 wrote:This would be ideal to check on regional activies being planned by other stakes.
There's been indications that there is or will be a "regional" calendar. I don't know the status or how you'd get to be an editor of such a calendar. You might enquire with the regional leaders.

bigdave250 wrote:Another question: Do you think we even need a calendaring coorelation meeting with the ability to place events on the calendar? This could be self coorelating so to speek.

I'm guessing you may currently have correlation meetings. Since you can only see your own ward and stake calendars, you might want to continue the meetings until you determine you no longer need them. A meeting might be more productive then everyone putting something down and then having to shuffle things around when they see what others have set up.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”