Unable to view households for one ward in my stake

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
JankovichMR

Unable to view households for one ward in my stake

Post by JankovichMR »

Unable to view households for one ward in my stake, Riverside First Ward, all other wards display just fine. I have tried the Global Help desk; they have no idea on what to do, so pointed me to the MLS help desk. They in turn do not know what to do and said they would forward this to their programmers who in turn were to notify the developers of the web site. It has been well over a month now and nothing has been done that I can tell.
I am now trying to add a building scheduler for our stake building who happens to live in the Riverside First Ward. Again, all wards will show a list of people, except Riverside First Ward.
The second counselor in the stake presidency has an Android phone and Riverside First Ward households show up just fine in LDS Tools
For those of you that think refreshing the ward’s data base will fix the problem, it will not, I’ve done it numerous of times.
I suspect, since “Riverside” is a well used name, that it may have gotten misplaced into another stake in building the data base for the web site. The unit number for Riverside First Ward is 4448. Any ideas on how to fix this one?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Has this unit changed stakes in the recent past? The stake entered in their MLS could be wrong.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
JankovichMR

Post by JankovichMR »

This is one of the original wards in the stake (Salt Lake Riverside Stake; Unit 501425).
And the settings in MLS are correct.
RussellHltn wrote:Has this unit changed stakes in the recent past? The stake entered in their MLS could be wrong.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

JankovichMR wrote:so pointed me to the MLS help desk. They in turn do not know what to do and said they would forward this to their programmers who in turn were to notify the developers of the web site. It has been well over a month now and nothing has been done that I can tell.
JankovichMR wrote:And the settings in MLS are correct.

If he stake settings in the affected unit is correct, then I think you've done everything in your control. I'd get back to Local Unit Support. If you're unable to escalate the issue, have your stake president bug the area authority.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
JankovichMR

Post by JankovichMR »

Whatever you guys did, I thank you. I was able to add a scheduler from Riverside First Ward today. But the households listing in the "Directory" still does not produce a listing. Instead there is a message "There were no search results found". I hope you guys can correct this problem...
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Out of curiosity, what areas are you looking that you don't see the families? I'm wondering if some admin in that ward went and "hid" everyone. (Normally that's done on a family by family basis at their request.) That would have affected the lds.org directory, and only if you're not in a high enough position to see hidden families.

JankovichMR

Post by JankovichMR »

I am looking in the "Directory" under "Households". Every ward has a listing except Riverside 1st. When I first reported the problem I was stake clerk. I was released due to health problems and called as assistant stake clerk, mainly over technical issues. I first thought it might be a rights issue, so I had the stake president logon, but the problem still existed. Tomorrow I will go check on whether or not all families were hidden.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

JankovichMR wrote:Every ward has a listing except Riverside 1st.

So you don't even see it as a selection? That suggests to me that it's a database problem that only CHQ can fix.

JankovichMR

Post by JankovichMR »

Everything works except "Households". No problem seeing organizations, or export households, just the "Households" listings. Also, I am not the only individual that has this problem. My home ward is Meadow Ward, my stake president's is Center Third Ward, the Stake Clerk happens to live in Riverside 1st Ward and non of us can get a listing under "Households" for Riverside 1st Ward. All other wards work just like advertised. I have escalated the problem to headquarters and they are looking into it.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

Most of us here are users like yourself, so we can't do anything directly. Something that seems to shed more light on issues like this is to install the Firebug plugin and activate it for the page you are having issues with. It may indicate which of the web service calls might be misbehaving. You can post the Firebug output here and hope a developer sees it or use it to update your escalation with details.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”