No highlights: Sorry, you must correct the highlighted areas before you can save.

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
benmoronilee

No highlights: Sorry, you must correct the highlighted areas before you can save.

Post by benmoronilee »

Hello!

I just finished watching and participating in the webinar on using LDS Calendar v2.0. I decided to try out some of what I learned. Specifically, I have a recurring event that I wanted to change a specific instance of. I tried the drag and drop function and that worked fine :cool:.

However, when I tried to edit the details of the event, the following message appeared in a banner at the top of the screen: Sorry, you must correct the highlighted areas before you can save. But, nothing was highlighted :confused:. I thought there may be a problem with the recurrence part of the event, so I removed the remaining occurrences of the event from the Month-at-glance view and then tried creating the event again.

The calendar will not let me create the event at all now :eek:. I've tried creating a very simple event with just the date and time and title and I've tried to create a full recurring event with "Other Location" (location should actually be "No location: for this event). All result in the same error message: Sorry, you must correct the highlighted areas before you can save. Again, however, nothing is highlighted! :(

Here is a screen shot:
ldscalendar_problem.jpg
(13.86 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
What can I do? Any help is greatly appreciated!
benmoronilee

Post by benmoronilee »

So, I discovered that if tried to create a new event without any repeats I could get it to work. I also discovered that if I use "Month by day of the month" it will fail every time. I tried specifying both number of occurrences and by end date, but neither worked, though the number of occurrences box did highlight this time. I changed the repeat to be "Month by day of the week" and that did work. However, this specific event really needs to be by the day of the month.

Also, if I try to set up a repeating event with a repeat of "Month by day of the month" and then uncheck the "This event repeats" checkbox, I still get the error "Sorry, you must correct the highlighted areas before you can save" where nothing is actually highlighted. I believe this is why my earlier attempt failed. I suspect a bug with the "Month by day of the month" repeat setting.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

benmoronilee wrote:So, I discovered that if tried to create a new event without any repeats I could get it to work. I also discovered that if I use "Month by day of the month" it will fail every time. I tried specifying both number of occurrences and by end date, but neither worked, though the number of occurrences box did highlight this time. I changed the repeat to be "Month by day of the week" and that did work. However, this specific event really needs to be by the day of the month.

Also, if I try to set up a repeating event with a repeat of "Month by day of the month" and then uncheck the "This event repeats" checkbox, I still get the error "Sorry, you must correct the highlighted areas before you can save" where nothing is actually highlighted. I believe this is why my earlier attempt failed. I suspect a bug with the "Month by day of the month" repeat setting.
Yes, It appears you are correct about "Monthly by day of the month" having significant issues. I've never used that option before, but I guess it could have uses for quarterly report reminders, or home teaching reporting reminders, or other such examples where the day of the week is rather irrelevant.

I can indeed duplicate the odd highlighting and error messages, even when the values entered are all reasonable. Hopefully a developer will see this and add it to the list of bugs to be fixed.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
benmoronilee

Post by benmoronilee »

Thanks for verifying aebrown. I hope the developers can get this fixed soon.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

Thanks for the report and the verification. This is logged. We are hoping to squeeze in some bug fixes before the Thanksgiving holiday, so cross your fingers for us...
benmoronilee

Post by benmoronilee »

Wonderful! I look forward to seeing the update.

Return to “Calendar”